QUESTION OF THE DAY, WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 2, 2022

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning and Happy Groundhog Day! It's official, Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow which means there will be six more weeks of winter. ☃

According to Mrs. G, spring will come early: Massachusetts’ Official Groundhog ‘Ms. G’ Does Not See Shadow, Predicts Early Spring

I like all nuts. I don't think there's one I don't like at all. I definitely prefer peanuts that don't have that papery skin on them. I like eating nuts as a snack and in baked goods.

I remember my great aunt buying the little glass jars of Mauna Loa brand of macadamia nuts for me. They weren't all that expensive back then, maybe $5 at the most.

There's a local shop that sells freshly roasted nuts and homemade chocolate and other things. You can get a (usually overflowing) "small sized" gift container of nuts or a mix of your choice for $22. It's nearly 4 cups. You can also just buy nuts by the pound. I've given gift container of nuts to people and they loved them.

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cashews are definitely my favorite but I also like pecans.
Good morning and Happy Groundhog Day! It's official, Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow which means there will be six more weeks of winter. ☃ But living in an area known for snow, ice and blizzards I could have told you that too. :biggrin:

Growing up I didn't particularly care for nuts except for peanut butter but as an adult I love nuts. They're a great snack, loaded with energy, packed with vitamins, antioxidants, fiber and nutritious. I realize some people are allergic to nuts and, therefore, cannot eat them. But for those of us who do there's a large variety, e.g. almonds, walnuts, pecans, brazil nuts, hazelnuts, cashews, macadamia, pine, pistachio, etc. I prefer, walnuts, pecans, cashews and almonds. I eat them in baked goods, salads, granola, candy and as a snack by themself. 🌰

QUESTION OF THE DAY - DO YOU LIKE NUTS?
WHAT TYPE(S) AND HOW DO YOU LIKE TO EAT THEM?
I would say salted Pistachios are my favorite. Next would be Walnuts. Prefer both nuts alone. Not in any Cookie, Cake or Ice Cream.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think there's ever been a nut that we don't like,except I cannot stand black walnuts.YUK!I even like the southern boiled fresh peanuts!Salted,in a mix or alone,straight out of the can or jar,baked in a cake,bread or cookies...it's all good.For me,pistachios are my favorite...he loves cashews,and we both love peanut butter.

Gypsy Witch & Persephone

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Good morning and Happy Groundhog Day! It's official, Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow which means there will be six more weeks of winter. ☃ But living in an area known for snow, ice and blizzards I could have told you that too. :biggrin:

Growing up I didn't particularly care for nuts except for peanut butter but as an adult I love nuts. They're a great snack, loaded with energy, packed with vitamins, antioxidants, fiber and nutritious. I realize some people are allergic to nuts and, therefore, cannot eat them. But for those of us who do there's a large variety, e.g. almonds, walnuts, pecans, brazil nuts, hazelnuts, cashews, macadamia, pine, pistachio, etc. I prefer, walnuts, pecans, cashews and almonds. I eat them in baked goods, salads, granola, candy and as a snack by themself. 🌰

QUESTION OF THE DAY - DO YOU LIKE NUTS?
WHAT TYPE(S) AND HOW DO YOU LIKE TO EAT THEM?
I love them all. I like to make my own trail mixes with them.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
I love all nuts too! Whether its plain, salted, on ice cream, on chocolate bars - anything if there's nut count me in.

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
I love cashews and spanish peanuts (the ones with the skin) most. I especially like them on ice cream.
Next are pistachios.
I put any nuts in salads, oatmeal, with dried fruit (very good), casseroles, stir fry, jello, rice, anything. But I prefer my cookies and brownies and banana bread without nuts.
When I was little my grandmother made Texas Sheet Cake, chocolate cake, chocolate icing, and nuts on top. Heaven. Chocolate and nuts.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
When I was younger, I only ate peanuts or almonds. That was it. My mom put black walnuts in everything: cakes, ice cream, candy. I used to hate it because I despised them with a passion. So I'd eat the ice cream or the cake and spit the walnuts out. Made her crazy.

Today, I still eat peanuts and almonds, but I also enjoy macadamia nuts (geez, they're expensive though), cashews, pecans, and, to a lesser extent, pistachios. Still don't like black walnuts and I refuse to eat them.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm not a fan of walnuts or brazil nuts. I like all the others. My current addiction is salt and vinegar pistachios. Unfortunately my husband has the same addiction and whenever I go to have some he has eaten them all. I had to buy a separate bag and put my name on it. :lol:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I also enjoy macadamia nuts (geez, they're expensive though)
:yeah: Ditto, I like them too but hardly ever buy them because of the expense unless they're in a small, single serving package. You peeked my curiosity so I looked up the reason for their high price and it's due to the slow harvesting process, i.e. it takes 7-10 years for the tree that produces the nuts to grow and they're only harvested 5-6 times a year usually by hand.

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
Still don't like black walnuts and I refuse to eat them.
Same here! I could never stand them. They smelled like barf to me. Although my mom never used them much, thankfully. But a great aunt and uncle bought a walnut farm in California and would send us black walnuts sometimes. Blech.