QUESTION OF THE DAY, WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 2, 2022

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning and Happy Groundhog Day! It's official, Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow which means there will be six more weeks of winter. ☃ But living in an area known for snow, ice and blizzards I could have told you that too. :biggrin:

Growing up I didn't particularly care for nuts except for peanut butter but as an adult I love nuts. They're a great snack, loaded with energy, packed with vitamins, antioxidants, fiber and nutritious. I realize some people are allergic to nuts and, therefore, cannot eat them. But for those of us who do there's a large variety, e.g. almonds, walnuts, pecans, brazil nuts, hazelnuts, cashews, macadamia, pine, pistachio, etc. I prefer, walnuts, pecans, cashews and almonds. I eat them in baked goods, salads, granola, candy and as a snack by themself. 🌰

QUESTION OF THE DAY - DO YOU LIKE NUTS?
WHAT TYPE(S) AND HOW DO YOU LIKE TO EAT THEM?

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pistachios are definitely my favorite. Cashews are second. I also like hazelnuts (they were called filberts when I was a kid?); I used to pick them all out of the mixed nuts can, lol. Walnuts are good too. I don't really care for Brazil nuts or uncandied pecans. Too bitter. Almonds are ok, nothing special. Pine nuts are fine in pine nut things but I don't think I've ever had them plain.

Macadamias are amazing, but I can't afford them too often. If they were more affordable they'd be my favorite.

I take a baggie with 1/4 cup of chili roasted pistachios to work every day, and generally nibble on that all morning. Mixed nuts and nut butters are good too.

Bri5

Seek justice, love mercy, walk humbly.
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I like pecans and cashews lightly salted and roasted. Peanuts make me cough. I suspect I have a mild allergy to them but nothing crazy has ever happened. I am not a huge fan of peanut butter.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm going to be that person who points out that peanuts are actually legumes. 🙃

That said, I love them and all tree nuts (unless coconut is being counted as a tree nut these days). Usually I have them in baked goods or salads, or on top of dishes when a recipe calls for them. I have both peanut and almond butters in the fridge. I don't tend to just eat them plain, but I probably should more often.

Lately, I've been enjoying their milks and ice creams. :lol:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love nuts. :lol: I'm not super fond of macadamia nuts or walnuts; but I'll eat them. My favorites are cashews, pistachios and pecans.

My Grandfather's always had the baskets of mixed nuts out by their chairs at Christmas. I've been tempted but not gotten one yet.

Every year I get some German roasted nuts at a craft fair. They do pecans, hazelnuts, almonds and cashews and I get a bag of each that DH and I will split up using the kitchen scale. It's that serious. Because they are seriously good!

I was making a homemade trail mix with nuts and dried fruits but the almonds were getting to be too much. I have several bag in the freezer. But next time I make it; less or no almonds! I tried sliced almonds and that helped.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I prefer cashews, almonds, filberts and Brazil nuts- and peanuts, too, even though they really aren't nuts. I prefer them in the shell as opposed to salted and shelled. Walnuts are okay in baked goods but I don't like them otherwise, and pecans? Only in pecan pie.

Last edited:

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love all kinds of nuts, but my favorites are pecans and hazelnuts. I keep pecans and walnuts around for baking, but I don't buy the others because I would eat them all in one go.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
almonds(blue diamond smoke house flavored ones) ,macadamias the chocolate covered kind,pistachios trader joe salted ones,chocolate peanut clusters from sees candies :lol:thinking about it i dont think i really just eat plain nuts of any kind

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like almonds, cashews, walnuts and pistachios the best. I prefer them on their own as snacks, and am not too mad about chocolate or other foods with nuts in - though I do like coffee and walnut cake.