Question Of The Day, Wednesday, Aug 2, 2017

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
GIven that the mama cat in question is not feral or stray...well, she may very well have been either one, but now is in the home of loving fosterers or adopters (otherwise she would have been spayed, right?), do you think that being a kitten would be equally as fun, more fun or less fun than your own childhood?

Look, I loved, and still love, my mother beyond words, but she had some real issues. I would go back and do a kittenhood and young cathood with a loving, caring family in a heartbeat! In fact, I've said time and time again, that if I am very, very good in this life, I want to come back as a beloved house cat.

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise
GIven that the mama cat in question is not feral or stray...well, she may very well have been either one, but now is in the home of loving fosterers or adopters (otherwise she would have been spayed, right?), do you think that being a kitten would be equally as fun, more fun or less fun than your own childhood?

Look, I loved, and still love, my mother beyond words, but she had some real issues. I would go back and do a kittenhood and young cathood with a loving, caring family in a heartbeat! In fact, I've said time and time again, that if I am very, very good in this life, I want to come back as a beloved house cat.
Most mammals took better care of their offspring than either of my parents. And yes I say that at 60 when some of the bitterness anger and hate has worn off.
When my brother tried to reconnect a few years ago he asked what the issue was, I guess his memory had dulled of my father whacking him around in a room hitting the walls, breaking his glasses etc. I just told him I was tired of being the equivalent the ugly red headed step child in their eyes. I was born with Bohemian stamped across my forehead.
I would love to be a cat .

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
As much as I love cats and kittens I can't say I'd ever want to be one. The whole grooming the southern hemisphere with tongue thing is enough to say no thanks. My soul is retiring after this go around. My heaven will be someplace tropical with lots of palm trees, ocean breezes,fresh margaritas, kitties that I can communicate with and a David Beckham lookalike. :cloud9::thumbsup:

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
As much as I love cats and kittens I can't say I'd ever want to be one. The whole grooming the southern hemisphere with tongue thing is enough to say no thanks. My soul is retiring after this go around. My heaven will be someplace tropical with lots of palm trees, ocean breezes,fresh margaritas, kitties that I can communicate with and a David Beckham lookalike. :cloud9::thumbsup:
I'll join you but you can have David Beckham all to yourself.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
It would probably be more fun, but only up to the point when mom has decided to fully wean the kittens and/or the siblings are leaving for their new homes. A lot of kittens seem bewildered for a short time when that happens, especially when their favorite sibling playmate leaves.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a great childhood but like kat's idea of heaven. can we share mr. beckam

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Fortunately I have only good memories of my childhood and feel very lucky. My parents were protective but loving and growing up in a major city you need some protection. :wink: As much as I would love kittenhood I'd have to choose childhood.

As for David Beckham, do you think Victoria (Posh Spice) would share? ;)

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's a tough one. I have some very bad memories of my childhood. But not many with my mother. they were with her husband (not Daddy). However, I don't think I would want to give up my sentience and emotional capabilities. Not saying cats don't have emotion, it's just not on the same level as us.
Don't get mad, this is biology.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As much as I dearly loved my kitties I would not want to be one. I don't like the idea of washing myself like they do and eating an all meat diet.

My human childhood was pretty normal. I was a middle child. I guess that says it all. My childhood was not great nor was it awful.

Muffy

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I'm sure being a kitten is fantastic, but it seems to me kittenhood is over way too quickly.

6 months old and you're already a woman? No thanks, I'll stick with my human childhood.