Question of the Day, Wednesday, April 5, 2023

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
None. I bought a small sectional in November; by January, they shredded it, even with wide clear protectors on it. I got rid of it last week, but am going to re-purpose the many cushions, using the filling to stuff other ones, and I'll reupholster the storage ottoman. The last sofa so uncomfortable, I just bought a full bedframe (wood) and mattress, turned it sideways against the wall. I threw a canvas dropcloth on the mattress, but will later sew it to fit the mattress better. I used more drop cloths to make big back pillows (3 rows deep), and am going to re-cover the backs from the sectional in fabric to match (they go against the wall, to shore up the rows of pillows). Let 'em try to shredd THIS, LOL. And, if they do, it's all replaceable, and cheaply. With a bed, I can stretch out to read a book. We also have another sofa bed. Guess who's taken it over? I can't even use it!

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
One. It's black leather and it's old. At least 25 years. It doesn't look its age. Leather ages pretty well. The girls love it. Lilith has one of her favorite plush blankets on it that she uses when I'm sitting on it playing video games on the Switch. Sophie likes to lounge on the other side without the blanket. There are some light scratches on the arms from the girls walking on it but you have to look closely to see them. That used to annoy DD so much. She asked me once, "What would Dad say if he saw those scratch marks on the couch?" :rolleyes2:

Honestly, he probably wouldn't care. The couch is old and the girls would have him wrapped around their little paws. Knowing him, he would let them get away with anything.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just one and it is a medium brown color. Charlotte occasionally lays on one of the arms and claws at it a bit but she doesn't do it a lot.