Question of the Day, Wednesday, April 5, 2023

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning and Happy Whiskers Wednesday! :coolcat: From time to time we've talked about replacing the family room sofa because it has seen it's fair share of cat scratches. No matter what we have tried both past and present the cat(s) have loved to use it as their scratching post. So for now we are keeping it. We have two sofas in our house, one in the living room that is dark blue and one in the family room that is earth tones. Fortunately they have never bothered the living room sofa - go figure.:rolleyes2:

HOW MANY SOFAS DO YOU HAVE IN YOUR HOUSE AND WHAT COLOR ARE THEY?

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Just one, a brown leather sofa with matching chair that I bought from my son late last year. Both the cats pretty much hate them I think because leather is slippery.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One sofa, kinda light tan with flecks of color, and a tan fake leather recliner in the family room. Two blue lazy-boy recliners in the living room. They're all pretty old.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have 4. Two are loveseats though. In my basement I have a purple sectional and a floral loveseat. I want to get rid of the floral loveseat though. Upstairs I have a regular couch and a matching loveseat in black. These are the newest couches, but my dogs have done a lot of damage to the big couch so I've been looking to get a sectional that hopefully reclines.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
They sure have a habit of doing this, don't they? 😁 And as soon as I get up from the sofa they steal my spot.
You were so nice to warm it up for them! :)

I've got a black leather one in the living room (I love the way it looks and it's comfortable to sit on, but it's not so comfortable if you want to burrow down and be a slug for a few hours.) I have a floral print one in my bedroom that's very pretty.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
One in the living room and one in the den. Years ago I began to invest in decent slip covers and throws so that at least laundry could be done.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Alas, I have none, now! My unit is just big enough to accommodate two small recliners, neither of which I like (though Phoebe does, she thinks they’re better than her scratching posts). They’re dark grey and deadly dull on the dark grey and deadly dull carpet. I’m waiting for a couple of rose-patterned chair covers to arrive (when Innovations finally get their act together) and maybe they’ll look better then. I miss being able to stretch out on a couch, these days I spend almost all day on my bed with the kitties.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't have a couch....the cats do.Long ago they destroyed the one real couch I had,so what they got was a wooden "bed" with a back on it,built by me.I used to keep cushions on it and then cover them,but since we never use the living room anymore,I keep it covered with whatever blanket or quilt is next in line while the other is in the wash.