Question Of The Day - Tuesday, September 26

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
~Early Edition~

Long work day that day, so figured I'd get the Q nice and ready ahead of time!

Do your kitties wake you up in the morning? If so, how so? What time?

Camelot: He will meow loudly, announcing to the world that he is slowly dying of starvation from lack of thy breakfast.

Liffey, Tippy, Morgana: The girls have teamed up; I get three little faces staring at me, where they then poke my face with their paws and walk all over me. If I am not up fast enough and I hadn't protected myself quick enough with blankets, then Morgana will punch my nose :lol: This process usually begins between 8 am and 8:30 on a none-work morning. They won't give up until I get up.

On a work morning I am up around 5 am, in which case they are fast asleep!

Can't really complain, I've known folks where kitties attempt to wake up their hoomans waaaay earlier.

And of course, they are totally worth the nighttime snuggling anyway!

*Edit* And the title was suppose to say the 26, not the 25. Thank you, brainfart brain.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
let's see......

our Dude will snuggle with me to help me wake up, which kind of works. i give him scritchins, and doze for a bit, but i do end up waking up.

little DeeDee likes to nudge me with her nose to get under the blankets with me. and then, she makes a circuit around and over me, followed by wanting out from under the covers. she'll do that several times, trying to wake me up. this method is not overly successful, because after she's out from under the covers i go back to sleep.

our Punky usually lets me sleep, maybe she realizes that i always do get up for making kitty meals and so is not worried...? :think:

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a friend whose cat, Fireball, would wake him about 3 a.m. by chasing his tail on the bed. If that didn't work, he walked up and patted Ford's face. Finally he would lick Ford's eyebrows. That worked every time. Ford would get up and give him a can of food and go back to bed. About 7 a.m. Fireball would be hungry again and would repeat the performance while standing on Ford's bladder. Ford would get up and feed Fireball again and the two would doze off in Ford's recliner. About 8:30 a.m., Fireball would wake Lynda, Ford's wife, meowing piteously that Ford wouldn't feed him and he was about to collapse from hunger. Lynda would get up and feed him while Ford slept. That cat must have had an incredible metabolism because he demanded afternoon food and more just before bedtime. He was still slim and trim.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
My Vincie woke me up today at 5! Callie will sleep till I get up.

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Buzz is a thoughtful little boy, will let me wake up when I am ready, Pickle jumps on the bed usually landing on me and Kiwi is an out and out thug. She walks over my head usually managing to stick her fat paw in my eyeball. Oh the joys of owning cats

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats would nudge me with their nose to wake me up at 4 am. I would of had to get up at 4 am anyway to take care of 8 cats and get ready for work so I could leave by 6 am to get to work on time. I loved every minute of it.

Muffy

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
For the past 15 years or so, we have not slept in past 4:00, unless we've been in a hotel or a B & B. It started with Whisper and Bootser, who demanded breakfast by screaming at the top of their lungs, running into the bedroom, and jumping on our kidneys until we gave up and got out of bed. After they passed away, it continued with BooBoo and Ms. Pepe who have picked up where their mom and aunt left off. Boo died and now Amber has joined Pepe to see who can meow the loudest. Well, actually, Amber is more of a mutterer; she mutters about breakfast instead of outright meowing. It's a very loud mutter. But Ms. Pepe still screeches loudly and long.

Meanwhile the Three Meowsketeers are running around the bedroom, jumping on the bed, jumping off the bed, meowing at the awakening birds in the hydrangea bush outside the bedroom window. Molli and Muffin go at it every single morning, at least once, sometimes more often. Hissing, spitting, and growling. "Mom! I need to pee and Molli's watching me!" "Mom, I wanna come in the bedroom and Muffin won't let me in!" "Mom! She's looking at me! Make her stop!" :sigh: I swear we might as well have human kids.

For the last few years, my motto is: No cat gets fed before 5:00. Sometimes it's a very long hour from 4 to 5!

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Weekdays, I usually get up either just before they start to bother us which is usually around 5:30 am. It's always Cocoabean. She jumps onto the bed and starts walking behind our heads on the pillows. Then, she'll snuggle between us for a while but she has no patience to hang out for long. If I wasn't already awake, I sure am by then.

That's when it gets light out earlier - now that autumn is here and it's darker at that hour - they can hold out until dawn which is more like 6ish. So weekends, we get an extra hour of sleep. Thanks Coco!

Casper is extremely patient. He just sits by the bedside normally not saying a word.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I usually get woken up around 3:45am, which is 15 minutes before the cat door unlock, by Link or Fury. Fury likes to scratch on screens so I keep windows closed on the bottom and have a metal screen that goes over doors. Link will just yell. I usually ignore them both and go back to sleep. Rocket then wakes me up at 5am to let her out, since she doesn't use the door. Rocket likes to stare at me, if that doesn't wake me up she leans on my closet door making it knock. Weekdays that is when I get going anyways so I get up.

On weekends I fall back to sleep only to be woken up again around 7am by Link flopping on me as he goes back to sleep for his first nap of the day.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just Leroy. He starts whining and walking over me around 3:30am :cringe:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Nope! The girls have never been allowed to sleep with us so they didn't learn to pester. Noodles will try it if we've been away and go to bed right after getting home. But even that is rare.

I don't wake nicely so this is a good thing. I'm pretty good at ignoring too. ;)

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Squee likes to wakes me up in the middle of the night (4 am...) if she's hungry by scratching on my bedroom door.

Indy has done the same thing a few times by scratching or meowing.

Tango has never woken me up. I don't even think she understands that she can meow if she wants to be let into/out of a room. She'll just lie on the floor beside the door and look sad. :lol:

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Paul starts in between 3:30 and 4:00 am kneading me in the side. This sometimes gets incorporated into a dream and usually involves either having a terrible illness or being bitten by small creatures. :eek2: Chula lets Paul do all the work but when I wake up and look around, she is always sitting right there staring at me intensely.

If I ignore him, Paul moves to Plan B, which is to walk across my keyboard. The resulting shrieks and frantic beeping from the computer shoot me right out of the deepest sleep. Recently, he's started with Plan B, no doubt because he knows it's so effective.

I am really ashamed to say this, but these two clowns now get little dinners between 3:30 and 4:00 every morning.

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
I have learned to leave a bowl of dry food out at night, so I am rarely bothered for food in the morning. Seal will sometimes walk across me after I've been asleep for six or seven hours (I want eight!), but I love his fur and he knows I will reach out to pet him, even when I'm asleep! He is a very shy ex-feral and usually scoots when I make the grab, though he is very affectionate in the right situation.

Lilah has only gotten on the bed once in 3 months, and only meows when I pet her. Diamond likes to lie on top of a six foot shelf in the bedroom until I wake. I think Leo is too proud to ask for anything. :p

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Carleton thinks he's a rooster, i.e. he gets up at dawn as soon as the sun comes up. :rolleyes2: He knows I will ignore him and DH is a softie so he climbs on his pillow instead of mine.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
They used to wake me up several times through out the night, but now we have a cat door they let me sleep.

The only time I get woken up early is if they've caught something and they start throwing it around, re-enacting the battle.

Generally they are as lazy as I am. We're not really a morning household.

:D

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Buddy is usually pretty good about sleeping until about five or ten minutes before the alarm goes off. But if he has to get up earlier to use the litter box, he'll scream like a banshee until someone wakes up. He likes to have an audience when he pees or poops.

Oscar, on the other hand, thinks it's his sacred duty to keep me up all night and entertain me. He's thoughtful that way. :lol:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Some times yes, some times no, but when she does, she either shrieks in my left ear OR she hooks her paw in my mouth and pulls my cheek out.