Question of the Day - Tuesday, March 10

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I've no pictures of me but here you go .View attachment 325925View attachment 325925
I'm using bold because I can barely see what I'm typing
I wore my big hair like that, lmao!! groan......and it was blonde with about 4 different colored highlights, and permed!!
My hair is so thick and back then it was long, almost to my waist. The highlighting with foil took almost four hours and
the perms were a bit less. Once I frightened a small child at the salon because of the foil. I looked like the Bride of Frankenstein
and he was whimpering to mommy.

I love this question!!!

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm using bold because I can barely see what I'm typing
I wore my big hair like that, lmao!! groan......and it was blonde with about 4 different colored highlights, and permed!!
My hair is so thick and back then it was long, almost to my waist. The highlighting with foil took almost four hours and
the perms were a bit less. Once I frightened a small child at the salon because of the foil. I looked like the Bride of Frankenstein
and he was whimpering to mommy.

I love this question!!!
Big hair was the must the backcombing and enough hairspray to kill a small forest. I remember it well and that was on top of my perm.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Beanie Babies. I remember in 5th grade taking all of my Beanie Babies to school because some people brought a couple of them to school. I, not knowing social cues all that well, thought bringing my collection of more than 20 would be a good idea.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, no, I haven't played since my Game Boy was stolen in eighth grade, along with my copy of Pokemon Silver.

Never bring electronics to school, that's what I learned :ohwell:
Sword and Shield is on Switch. I thought if you did, we could trade or do G-max battles together.
Currently been playing (actually dying) on Ark Survival Evolved lately.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had the dreaded Dorothy Hamill haircut. The one that looked like someone put a salad bowl on your head and cut around it. I looked cute on Dorothy but not on me. In my defense, it wasn't my idea. :lol: :rolleyes2:
I actually really really wanted that haircut when I was around 8 :paperbag: . My hair was too thick and wavy for it though. We all want what we can't have!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Bell bottoms. I wore them :paperbag: There are no pictures, thankfully.
The mullet/shag hair cut. I had that, too. There is a picture somewhere. What was I thinking?

This was not a fad; this was something my mother did to me just because she was evil. I had waist-length hair and it was gorgeous. She took me to a salon. When she told the stylist that she wanted my hair cut "short", it took two of them and my mother to hold me down. Mom decided she needed to slap some sense into me, right in the salon. When they were finished, my ears were showing and my bangs were barely on my face. They had had to shave my neck. When we got home, Daddy took one look and my parents fought like hell for weeks. The kids at school made fun of me. Rick was appalled. My father wanted to buy me a wig, but we didn't know where to get one. My mother thought it was adorable. Then she bought me these horrible cat's eye black glasses. Oh, and remember those tent dresses? Well, she made me wear one for our school pictures. Dress, hair, glasses. I was in eighth grade. It was 51 years ago and I have never, ever forgiven my mother for that. And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why you will never, ever, EVER see me with short hair. EVER. It was that traumatic. You don't do that to a young girl; you just don't do that.

Last edited:

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had many that have already been mentioned but I also, before the big hair started...had a "rat tail"!
Basically, I cut may hair into a short bob, but kept one long thin braid that would drape over my shoulder.to just above my "goodies".

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As a child of the early '90s, I am happy to say that I never had a mullet, nor a rat tail. :flail:

I did have those really chunky blonde streaks that were popular about 17 (gulp) years ago. One day my mom and a family friend did my hair and completely braided it into really tiny braids. I kept them for about a week. Once I took the braids out, my hair was unnaturally and unattractively wavy. Mix that with said blonde streaks, and my hair looked like really long strips of bacon. :lol2:

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Bell bottoms. I wore them :paperbag: There are no pictures, thankfully.
The mullet/shag hair cut. I had that, too. There is a picture somewhere. What was I thinking?

This was not a fad; this was something my mother did to me just because she was evil. I had waist-length hair and it was gorgeous. She took me to a salon. When she told the stylist that she wanted my hair cut "short", it took two of them and my mother to hold me down. Mom decided she needed to slap some sense into me, right in the salon. When they were finished, my ears were showing and my bangs were barely on my face. They had had to shave my neck. When we got home, Daddy took one look and my parents fought like hell for weeks. The kids at school made fun of me. Rick was appalled. My father wanted to buy me a wig, but we didn't know where to get one. My mother thought it was adorable. Then she bought me these horrible cat's eye black glasses. Oh, and remember those tent dresses? Well, she made me wear one for our school pictures. Dress, hair, glasses. I was in eighth grade. It was 51 years ago and I have never, ever forgiven my mother for that. And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why you will never, ever, EVER see me with short hair. EVER. It was that traumatic. You don't do that to a young girl; you just don't do that.
My Mom did something similar when I was about 9-10. I had waist-length, beautiful golden red hair. She though that a very short, shag-like cut would make my fat face look thinner. I literally cried when we got home. It looked awful.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tall 80s hair, used a can of hairspray per week! Parachute pants, jams, bad perms, too many bangs, being obsessed with New Kids On The Block. :lol:
My mother forced me to get the short Dorothy Hamill haircut too. I cried so hard. :(

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I used to wear huge, massive army combat trousers and tiny little tight t-shirts. The t-shirts had to be short enough and the pants low enough to expose your midriff. I think I must have held my breath for most of my teens to keep my stomach flat.

:lol:

The combat trousers came in a range of colours, my favourite ones were camouflage print and purple. I believe this was known as Festival Camouflage.

We used to wear big fluffy jackets in the winter, but these had to be cropped to show of your belly too. Not really the best thing for November in the UK.

Oh, and giant shoes! Those big, stacked sneakers were the height of fashion then.

1583986210553.png

My sister and her friends used to dress like this too. One night about six of us were all getting ready to go out at our house. As we left my Dad asked,

"Are you girls going out dancing or did war break out?"

:flail: