Question of the Day - Tuesday, March 10

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Greetings! Hope everyone is well on this fine Tuesday!

What is a trend you’re embarrassed to have taken part in?

(Can be clothing, interior design, hair, music, hobbies etc etc)

For me it was the exposed thong trend :paperbag:

Keep in mind I was a 90's kid and and early 2000's teenager. Sooo this was an attempted thing for a brief time in HS :lol: (No pun intended) Thankfully I didn't really do it for very long...it's not very comfortable!

But yerp,I was totally cool......cough. With my bum bum and exposed undies and all.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was younger I wore huge plastic framed glasses. I didn't know that was a trend though; I thought that was just what glasses looked like. But the pictures are hilarious :lol: :paperbag:
Can we see a pic?

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sponge painting. It was cool at the time. I painted DH's study gray and sponge painted in metallic silver over it. The curtains were black, accessories chrome.
Same as yours but it was a bikini bottom, good grief.:paperbag:
Oh, and when I would wear my hair up and use chopsticks
to hold it place,
We used colored pencils. :p
When I was younger I wore huge plastic framed glasses. I didn't know that was a trend though; I thought that was just what glasses looked like. But the pictures are hilarious :lol: :paperbag:
I had those but the blame is placed squarely on my mother's shoulders. :lol: I still remember the guy telling my mom they were too big for my face because they touched my cheeks.I think they were cheaper than the other frames. At least I got wire frames after that comment. I'm so not happy about the big glasses trend thats back. Once was enough! :paperbag:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OK hope this works. Fortunately they weren't dark-framed but still. Plus of course I fluffed my bangs, though not as badly as some people, lol. This pic was in 1992 when I was 12. Also note the awesome elastic-waist jeans ;).
View attachment 325854
That picture is most definitely 1992.

Also, tell me that's a Captain Planet shirt your brother(?) Is wearing.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Mine was punk rock hair, clothing and piercings. I pierced my own ears with a large safety pin, and multiple holes in each ear, then I'd let them heal up...and do it again. I had spiky hair, dyed green and other colors, fishnet tights, shiny black faux leather mini-skirts, chains, etc. The lowest point was a balck and white leopard print shirt, on which I wrote in red paint, "Sid [Vicious] lives."

I actually went to work in a library dressed like this. I have a feeling that I was the inspiration for the dress code a few years later... :flail:

Jemima Lucca

Forever a feline fan💕
Super Cat
Purraise
I bought into that stuff called tri-chem 😂. Looking back, I realize how cheesy it was! It had every color under the was well as pictures and prints etc. I thought it was the greatest because I could make presents for very cheap :crackup:

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That picture is most definitely 1992.

Also, tell me that's a Captain Planet shirt your brother(?) Is wearing.
Pretty sure we couldn't have gotten any more 1992, lol. I think my mom had a bad perm at the time to top it off.

And yep, that's Captain Planet all right. Also see Mr Bunny Ears' large colorful buttonup shirt :thumbsup:. About that age he wanted Hammer pants but my mom wouldn't allow it. He's probably glad about that now!

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
OK hope this works. Fortunately they weren't dark-framed but still. Plus of course I fluffed my bangs, though not as badly as some people, lol. This pic was in 1992 when I was 12. Also note the awesome elastic-waist jeans ;).
View attachment 325854
Good Lord, woman, you're gorgeous!! Yeah, those frames were popular and the waistbands!