Question Of The Day - Tuesday, July 2

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Get up early.

Commute to work. (Thank you internet, I love you!)

Worry about what the landlord is going to say. Being a home owner has it's ups and downs, but it sure beats renting.

Mia6 Mia6 Is it weird that I'm looking forward to the menopause? My older sister is 44 and she is already going through it. My older friends say that it's the best thing that ever happened to them. Maybe a few more years and I'll be able to join them.

:yess:

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 Is it weird that I'm looking forward to the menopause? My older sister is 44 and she is already going through it. My older friends say that it's the best thing that ever happened to them. Maybe a few more years and I'll be able to join them.
I didn't start till I was in my 50s. Maybe you'll start early because your sis did.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Get up early.

Commute to work. (Thank you internet, I love you!)

Worry about what the landlord is going to say. Being a home owner has it's ups and downs, but it sure beats renting.

:yess:
So am I. I'm 49 and cannot wait for it. DD is 24 and doesn't want kids. She's annoyed that she's going to have to deal with it for so long. I can't say I blame her.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
DD is 24 and doesn't want kids. She's annoyed that she's going to have to deal with it for so long. I can't say I blame her.
I know just how she feels! I have to confess I did a little victory dance when I made it to 40, still child free.

Some people just aren't meant to be mothers, in spite of what our bodies might be capable of.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Give birth (never, ever again). I had a total hysterectomy when I was 24 years old, so no more babies and no more periods. :yess: And no more endometriosis! Seriously, sometimes being a woman is no fun at all. I'm not trying to be snarky, honest, I'm not. Those things really sucked little green worms.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
HIGH SCHOOL

UGG hated SCHOOL CRAP! The work I loved to do-it's the kids/teacher communication/cliques that drove me insane. Mob mentality and all the secrets. God so done with secrets. Now that members of family have passed away we no longer have to hold in our secrets anymore. I can't tell you what a relief it is to open up about some scary stuff back then..we never ever wanted to burden anyone with our "stuff" even as teens. So yes thank GOD no way have to do school again or grow up
:yeah: and very well said!!

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Give birth (never, ever again). I had a total hysterectomy when I was 24 years old, so no more babies and no more periods. :yess: And no more endometriosis! Seriously, sometimes being a woman is no fun at all. I'm not trying to be snarky, honest, I'm not. Those things really sucked little green worms.
YES YES YES

I was gonna put womens "issues"
It's been 9 years since my surgery-don't miss it at ALL. Dont want kids. Don't want any of it. Endo still causes me pain at times but it doesn't affect my other plumbing like it did before. The doc said my uterus was clued to the back wall and intestines. He did a good job getting rid of the implants. I think some of it has grown back as have low level pain for a week a month but its nothing like it used to be. If it stays like it is=will be fine.

Having a hyst was the best decision I ever made. Lots of scary stories on the internet but I didn't have incontinence issues or anything. It was a slow recovery and tired all the time but worth the recovery to be gone with endo pain. Yes they suck green worms!

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Is it weird that I'm looking forward to the menopause? My older sister is 44 and she is already going through it. My older friends say that it's the best thing that ever happened to them. Maybe a few more years and I'll be able to join them.
It’s incredibly liberating. I could tell you the exact month and year...but I won’t. :)

But even better, no more migraines either! Horrible, horrible things. No more trips to the ER for the hideous pain!

No more smiling insincerely at and covering for incompetent bosses.

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What is something you’re happy you’ll never have to do again?
Being on call 24/7/365 for 22 years as an apartment manager. Glad I retired from that job a handful of years ago. Constant cortisol overload messes with your mind and body in huge ways! whew.

But now that everyone is posting about menopause, I'm finally eight months in, four months away from the Big M! :crossfingers: ( cassiopea cassiopea - post this thread again late next fall and maybe I can add menopause along with some others here! woo!)