Question Of The Day - Tuesday, July 2

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello Everyone! Happy first Tuesday of July!

And happy Canada Day and Fourth of July week :redheartpump: Or Happy Canafourth Day! Or Fournada Day?

Totally works. I'm a genius. cough.

What is something you’re happy you’ll never have to do again?

Take math classes and my driving test :clap: I hated math in HS, and was never good at it, so when I graduated and went off to Uni I was pretty thrilled that there was no longer any mandatory math and can enjoy any classes I desire. It has been years since of course but I still remember the joy and freedom of it all.

Then getting my driving license - where I live there are levels. Two learning levels of G1, G2 and then final G, with written tests and driving tests. With of course varying time requirements (6-12 months) fees and passenger/driving rules inbetween until you get your full on G.

Anyhoo I remember being so incredibly nervous as a teen before each driving test during the whole process :nervous: I managed just fine in the end but still! Huge relief to get all that long process done with.

Ah, the usual Rite of Passages of youth.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I can agree with high school/math tests. I've had literal nightmares where for some reason I had to go back to school. It wasn't even my high school (which wasn't a terrible place or anything). I just remember feeling devastated because I had to be away from DH and my kids and around noisy crowds of teenagers being told what to do all the time. :lol: The funny thing is; since we are homeschooling it's forcing me to brush up on math I haven't used in years. :crazy:

My other first thought was giving birth; but I just had a friend have a baby at 43 sooo.... I mean it's not MY plan; but I'm not even that old yet. Till menopause is here that seems like a risky thing to say. :crazy: :lol: Plus my memory finds the sleep deprivation afterwards worse than the birth. That lasts longer. :lol2:

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am happy that I will never again be pregnant, experience labor again, or be in a bad marriage.

I have had several pregnancies resulting in several miscarriages and two children. Pregnancy was horrible. I developed pemphigoid gestationis and PUPP, which are allergies to pregnancy. I was extremely sick and covered in hives and blisters, particularly on my feet and abdomen. Throw in an irritable uterus, a hate-filled cervix, and a heart condition and you have me, miserable and on months of bed rest with a resting heartbeat rate of about 115 and high blood pressure. Also, I am very mean when pregnant. I am not sure if it was caused by my general misirableness or hormonal, but I was easily agitated and no one liked me. Between my two children, I had roughly 70 hours of labor. Both were born 7 weeks early. Well, one was 7 1/2. I was almost happy about it because I felt so much better.

My ex-husband is a monster. We will leave it at that. My husband is the sweetest man alive and it is a joy to be with him. I cannot say enough good things about him.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm happy I'll never have my appendix removed again and also having my wisdom teeth removed again (because they are gone).

I developed severe PTSD from my appendix surgery and I also became a hypocondriac through the entire process. So, a few years afterward when my dentist told me I needed to have teeth pulled, I was super nervous.

He was so understanding - he didn't pull them all out at once. He went at my pace and said he'd pull them one at a time when I was ready. I kept all of them except one which was badly impacted and needed to be broken in half. The other three I keep as a reward for my bravery and a reminder that I can overcome anything.

It wasn't until then that I finally felt like my PTSD and anxiety was getting better. I thank God my dentist was so kind and still is.

Sometimes, when I'm feeling overwhelmed by something in my life, I'll look at my wisdom teeth.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
HIGH SCHOOL

UGG hated SCHOOL CRAP! The work I loved to do-it's the kids/teacher communication/cliques that drove me insane. Mob mentality and all the secrets. God so done with secrets. Now that members of family have passed away we no longer have to hold in our secrets anymore. I can't tell you what a relief it is to open up about some scary stuff back then..we never ever wanted to burden anyone with our "stuff" even as teens. So yes thank GOD no way have to do school again or grow up