Question Of The Day - Tuesday, January 23

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm another fan of flavored seltzer like La Croix, Polar and Dasani sparkling. I will not buy any kind that has artificial sweeteners in them. For regular sodas, I like real sugar Pepsi and I love ginger ale. I'm not a big fan of fruit flavored sodas because they are usually way too sweet but I do like the Fanta berry in the blue can. It tastes like blueberry and is not as sweet as the orange, grape, pineapple etc. I cannot stand Mountain Dew.

Last edited:

CaliCatCharlie

Living FeLV Pawwwsitive!
Adult Cat
Purraise
Cherry Coke, Coke, Mr Pibb, Dr Pepper

Those are my 4 vices. The real issue is Cherry Coke or as I call it ‘Cherry Crack’

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do not drink soda. I drink a ton of water, occasionally I will have a root beer, or ginger beer. Ginger Beer is non alcoholic; tastes really good cold with some ice.
The same with me, I don't drink soda. I like ginger beer ( even though it's carbonated ). I haven't had any in a very long time. Other than grocery stores, I have only seen it in the better restaurants. Now I have to buy some!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We try not to drink a lot; but I will order a soda if we eat out or buy a couple if we have company coming. I like cranberry or raspberry ginger ale, root beer, regular ginger ale. Every now and then I like a Sprite or Pepsi.

One time when I was a kid I had been on one of those merry-go-round things at the park with my friends after a sleep over and then we drove to an indoor play place. I started getting carsick feeling in the van and ended up getting sick when we got there. I still remember how nice this man working there was (I was so embarrassed!). He had to mop the ladies room but he was so nice about it and he also brought me a fountain coke and said it would help settle my stomach. It did! So now sometimes when my stomach feels a little off I find myself wanting a fountain coke. The bottle kind won't do; it's got to be a fountain one. :drinking:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We try not to drink a lot; but I will order a soda if we eat out or buy a couple if we have company coming. I like cranberry or raspberry ginger ale, root beer, regular ginger ale. Every now and then I like a Sprite or Pepsi.

One time when I was a kid I had been on one of those merry-go-round things at the park with my friends after a sleep over and then we drove to an indoor play place. I started getting carsick feeling in the van and ended up getting sick when we got there. I still remember how nice this man working there was (I was so embarrassed!). He had to mop the ladies room but he was so nice about it and he also brought me a fountain coke and said it would help settle my stomach. It did! So now sometimes when my stomach feels a little off I find myself wanting a fountain coke. The bottle kind won't do; it's got to be a fountain one. :drinking:
I agree about fountain Coke being better than bottled. McDonald's has the best fountain Coke. Here's why

Why McDonald's Coke Tastes So Good | Reader's Digest

I'm not a big Coke drinker but if I do have one, it's at McD's which is also not often. Especially since they stopped carrying orange Hi-C. Boo on you for that McD's. :eviltongue:

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@raysmyheart Al I can remember about them is they were in a green can. I will be going back maybe Sunday and look for some more.
Hmm, maybe Perrier? La Croix and Spindrift grapefruit flavors are in grapefruit colored cans :D. Hope you find it again!

I like "real" cherry Coke, the kind you can get at a bar; Coke with grenadine syrup in it. I don't really like the canned/bottled kind. I really liked vanilla Coke but now they only have vanilla-cherry and I don't like it as much.

I like sweet tea but not as sweet as restaurants make it. So if I get tea at a restaurant, I mix the sweet tea and the unsweetened tea until it's just right.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My favorite is plain sparkling water made with my Soda Stream. I occasionally add about half of the amount of a berry flavored syrup to it. I like iced tea with a little lemon in it during the summer. I very occasionally have a regular Coke, I have never been able to drink any of the diet sodas. I used to drink a lot of Coke but I quit doing that probably 15 years ago.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Love my Pepsi. High octane, please. Although now I'm drinking caffeine-free Pepsi (and Coke). The only time I drink a Coke with caffeine anymore is when I have a bad headache. I do like Mt. Dew and diet Mt. Dew, but am no longer drinking any diet sodas.

My least favorite soda is Dr. Pepper. And anything with cherry (Cherry Pepsi, Cherry Coke, etc.).

I've been pretty much drinking water lately.

amysuen

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I used to have a Diet Pepsi every day, but gave up all soda several years ago. I really don't miss it - most of the time I drink water, except for my morning coffee and "adult beverages" on the weekends.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Here is a link to the sparkling water at Target. They didn't have the grapefruit flavor today. I bought the cucumber mint.
There are eight cans and the price is $2.99. I also bought a package of Dasani Sparkling Water, pineapple flavor. I haven't tried these, but the picture on the package enticed me. I thought the pineapple would be refreshing.

https://www.target.com/s?searchTerm=simply+balanced+sparkling+water

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, a Target-specific brand. . .hmm, I'll have to try it, looks like they have a lot of good flavors. Thanks for the link!

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was much younger and very active, I did like Jolt cola. Anyone remember this? All the sugar, twice the caffeine. (or was it the other way around)?

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When I was much younger and very active, I did like Jolt cola. Anyone remember this? All the sugar, twice the caffeine. (or was it the other way around)?
I do remember it well although I never liked it. You got the slogan exactly right!! According to the Jolt website, it's available at some Dollar General stores and on Amazon

Jolt Cola

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Besides diet coke I also like Seagram's ginger ale for upset stomach and once in awhile orange soda. I also drink a lot of bottled water. Not that flavored water. That stuff taste artificial.

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
OK. Ya got me. I confess! I'm a Dr. Pepper addict. I've got to have my Dr. Pepper just like most people have to have their coffee. I'm in control, though. I only drink one or two a day - most of the time. I can quit any time I want to. Sure I can!

I used to like Coke, but now it tastes like floor cleaner to me. I have been known to drink an RC Cola once in a while but I always chase it with a Dr. Pepper.