Question of the Day - Tuesday, December 20

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello to all! Happy Tuesday! 🎄

If you had to make all of your Xmas gifts by yourself, what would you make?

Pretty typical but I would say baking, especially seasonable goodies - If I'm close enough to someone I would try to find out if there is a particular baked good that was traditional or special to the family/friends and attempt to emulate as best as I can.

If there was dietary concerns or restrictions I would do my best to sew something instead :lol: or perhaps offer free services, like photography or professional genealogical family research. Not sure if that is cheating but hey, I reckon it can still somewhat count as making something right?

pusheen-baking.gif

emlovescats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I would make cat toys and bake cat treats. My sister has 2 cats of her own, so I know she would love those gifts! :)

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've made pumpkin bread many times. One can of pumpkin makes two full-size loaves or various numbers of mini loaves, depending on the size of the foil pans. People seem to like it, so they go over well.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would make birdhouses or bird feeders, kneeling benches for use in the garden, foot stools, or other small wood projects. Whatever I think would be most useful to the particular person.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I would find a special photo of the person then have it matted and framed. I would write a sentiment in calligraphy on the mat.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is easy because I already do this. I make an assortment of baking goodies for all my family.
Other possibilities would be a painting, jewelry, soap, bath salts, a sculpture/pottery and if all else fails...food.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, since I figured out how to make them, they would get birdhouses. Giving my brother in law one I made this year. I also make washable covers for Swiffer sweepers and those would be another possibility.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'd bake something like a loaf, muffins or cookies, or maybe do up a little fruit basket.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Many of the gifts I'm giving this year are handmade. I'm giving mostly crocheted items and then pottery I've made.