Question Of The Day - Tuesday, December 18

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello Hello! Hope everyone is having a delightful Tuesday!

Super easy chill question for today ~

Which do you prefer: Waffles or Pancakes?

I was raised with pancakes and enjoyed them. But I have since turned towards the almighty waffle :cool2:

How about you guys?

Exactly one week left until Xmas! Woot woot!

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't know. I'm not big on either. If I had to choose, I guess it would be a Belgian waffle with butter and sugar/cinnamon. Yes, Katie M Katie M maple flavored corn syrup is unacceptable. I will see your :eviltongue: and add :headshake:

rgwanner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am not really big on either one, but of the two I guess I would prefer waffles with plenty of butter and maple syrup.

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmmm...a tough one. It depends on what I'm in the mood for. If I want something crunchier, I go with waffles. If I want something with better flavor, I go with the pancakes. Some may not agree about pancake taste, but I think the flavors come through better in a pancake.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like pancakes better. Waffles seem like nothing but air in the mouth, and they are a whole lot more work to produce. Those "lego my Eggo" commercials set my teeth on edge - pure cardboard there.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
French toast :)

Okay, not one of the choices. So...pancakes with Trader Joe’s vanilla bean maple syrup, my new favorite.

Edit: And my favorite pancake mix is Stonewall Kitchen’s.

Last edited:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Neither! I don't like sweet things at all, they look a bit too much like cake for my tastes.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Both. Or either, as the case may be. We don't often eat pancakes or waffles for breakfast, but will enjoy them as breakfast-for-dinner.

And I completely agree about real maple syrup. Grade B, please....it's darker and richer and just tastes better. I guess it's really called Grade A Dark now. No, I'm not fussy, why do you ask?

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Waffles hands down. Not a fan of pancakes. They go mushy too fast once you add syrup. And for me, they always seem too heavy. I like that waffles have a bit of a crisp texture to them. I can't even remember the last time I ate a pancake.
And PS real maple syrup for me also. Not worth eating otherwise. I never eat them out of the house because of that. Homemade buttermilk waffles are best although I like Stonewall Kitchens prepared mix if I'm being lazy.