Question Of The Day - Tuesday, December 12

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello hello! Happy Tuesday ~ :deer:

Least favourite Christmas/Seasonal food, drink or treat?

I quite enjoy plenty of goodies during this season! Though do have the odd exceptions...

- Fruitcake is a no brainer. Bleeeehhh!
- Rutabaga
- Mincemeat or Tourtiere
- Nuts in general

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Seasonal food, that would be this Paskha - Wikipedia if you would know Finnish, you would get how even it's name is so close to something that exists after eating, truly horrible.

Then Christmas food, rice pudding, I don't like rice and in that form it's smell makes me feel vomiting, it is kind of reflex or something.
Even writing this makes my tummy twist and body shake, I don't really know why, but I get really really strong negative feelings from even thinking of that stuff, it is so bad that I can't go to space/room where there is smell of rice pudding.

Then again there is not many foods I actually do tolerate, anything white or too soft is bad news etc.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I am right there on the rice pudding.... not that I have ever seen it or smelled it before but those are two things that never should be put together. Don't like rice, don't like pudding. Blah all around.

I dislike pumpkin so pumpkin pie and any pumpkin anything would be another for me. Cinnamon candies on my list too.

MeganLLB

Accidental Ailurophile
Top Cat
Purraise
I love rice pudding! With a bit of cinnamon on top! Yum. But then I like any pudding. And I love pumpkin too. I'm not sure that there is a food that I don't like. I can't really think of anything. For hor devours sometimes my family puts out these spicy olives with the pits still in them. I'm not a big fan of them. But I like everything else. My nana makes great fruitcake, I make mincemeat pie for my grandpap and I like that too.

I dunno... spicy salty olives?

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't like divinity at all. Or meringue. And I can only take about 2 or 3 sips of eggnog before it makes me gag :/. I like it but something about the mouthfeel doesn't agree with my gag reflex.

bodester413

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My dad used to make this German dish around new years....I can't remember what it was called....It was like if you mixed chopped up pork and fresh road kill with clear gelatin and pour it into a cake pan and let it set up. It was so.....wrong....lol....

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Black walnut taffy (black walnut anything)
Mulled cider
Oyster stuffing (oyster anything)
That green bean casserole that it seems everybody (but me) loves
Egg nog (Rick adores the stuff and can't get enough of it)
Mincemeat
Cheesecake

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cranberries. I hate them. Either in drink or in food, doesn't matter. Not going in my mouth.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love rice pudding! With a bit of cinnamon on top! Yum. But then I like any pudding. And I love pumpkin too. I'm not sure that there is a food that I don't like. I can't really think of anything. For hor devours sometimes my family puts out these spicy olives with the pits still in them. I'm not a big fan of them. But I like everything else. My nana makes great fruitcake, I make mincemeat pie for my grandpap and I like that too.

I dunno... spicy salty olives?
I love rice pudding too. Definitely cinnamon on top! :yummy: Do you like tapioca pudding too? I love it. :cheerleader:

My food "naughty" list?

Fruitcake
Cheesecake
Anything with oysters in it
Canned crescent rolls. They never lose that "canned" taste
Pumpkin pie and pumpkin spiced anything
Anything with meringue on it
Cannoli
Sambuca or anything that tastes like licorice

Merlin77

Warrior of SandClan
Super Cat
Purraise
Turkey and stuffing... bleh. Gravy? No way. Too rich for me.

Most other foods I like. :yummy:

MeganLLB

Accidental Ailurophile
Top Cat
Purraise
I love rice pudding too. Definitely cinnamon on top! :yummy: Do you like tapioca pudding too? I love it. :cheerleader:

My food "naughty" list?

Fruitcake
Cheesecake
Anything with oysters in it
Canned crescent rolls. They never lose that "canned" taste
Pumpkin pie and pumpkin spiced anything
Anything with meringue on it
Cannoli
Sambuca or anything that tastes like licorice
Yes I love Tapioca. But I just about died when you said you dont like cannoli! This was my birthday cake this year. A cannoli cheesecake!
20171007_210857.jpg

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
The Three Bean Casserole for me, is gross!!! Depending on the Fruit cake, if it is overly sweet--gross..
Actually, anything overly sweet is not for me.. I love chocolate, but it has to be the good kind.. not the kind I grew up with.. I am such a snob!!

Oh, and candied sweet potatoes.. or any sweet potato casserole which contains sugar,
And Marshmallow!!! Yuck..

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I love rice pudding! With a bit of cinnamon on top! Yum. But then I like any pudding. And I love pumpkin too.
Rice pudding topped with cinnamon sounds yummy to me too. :yummy: I also love pumpkin in any way, shape or form.

I absolutely detest fruitcake. My boss would brag about her recipe and give me a fruitcake every single year. I'd take it home not to hurt her feelings but somehow it always ended up in the trash can. :wink:

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't care much for gingerbread anymore. But I'm A-OK with gingersnaps, especially homemade ones with a little cayenne pepper for that kick that kinda burns your mouth a bit. :wink:

And I can't stand giblet gravy! *shudders*

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I dislike anything pumpkin, egg nog, marshmallow and rice pudding. I never thought of Rice Pudding as being Christmas food.

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My dad used to make this German dish around new years....I can't remember what it was called....It was like if you mixed chopped up pork and fresh road kill with clear gelatin and pour it into a cake pan and let it set up. It was so.....wrong....lol....
Is that kinda like head cheese? If so, I totally understand!

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Candy canes or ribbon candy. I can't do hard candy like this, gives me the shakes, I think that is why I don't care for it. Also, anything with giblets, like giblet gravy as cheeser cheeser said.

AmyTheKittyMommy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I’m not the biggest fan of turkey... it just tastes... meh. I’d rather have what we usually do: ham glazed in honey and pineapple.
I cannot get behind stuffing. Maybe I’ve only had bad stuffing, but I would not voluntarily eat it, ever.
Eggnog and cranberry sauce earn an impassive “meh”, though eggnog is slightly more appealing than cranberry sauce.