Question of the Day: Tues. Dec.8

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Stocking with the holiday theme:

Are you easy to buy for, or a challenge? Is there something that is a great standby if someone can't think of anything to buy for you?

Example: I am quite easy to buy for, and my standbys are fairy statues, unicorn/pegasus statues, and gift certificates for my tattooist.

nekomania

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am fairly easy to buy for as I let pretty much everyone know about the things that I wish I had.

If that sounds bad I'm sorry. I don't mean like "Oh I want that buy me that!" type of thing...but more of an if we are out window shopping I will say "Oh that would go with my collection so well!" or "Man I've always wanted something like that!"

I'm a hint dropper so I think that makes me easier to buy for.

My backup gifts are video games and Faerie Glen statues. ^^ My aunt gets me at least one a year on my birthday.

This was the most recent one!

http://www.faerieglennj.com/fgp8832.html

So pretty!

I was horribly upset because my stepmom had a fit a couple of months ago and broke the wings off of two of them.
One was a discontinued limited edition statue that I'm not sure if I'll be able to get again.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I collect two things. Music and craft supplies. Either one makes great gifts, and I don't think gift cards to stores that sell those are cop outs.

I told everyone this year that what I'd really like is everyone to chip in $20-25 to help buy something. (and no, that's not rude when you have people who are not going to have time or ability to go shop)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My husband is the most difficult person to buy for. I still don't know what I'm getting him.

For other people buying for him, standbys can be gift cards to Home Depot, Canadian Tire, Walmart because we're always shopping there. That's bout it LOL.

yah he's horrible to buy for.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
^My DH has been eying up that Craftsman commercial that's airing lately for a cordless multi-tool.

c1atsite

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady

Is there something that is a great standby if someone can't think of anything to buy for you?
candles or fruity body wash have pretty much become the "safe" gifts I receive

however, i still categorize myself as "tough to shop for"

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I consider myself easy to buy for.

If all else fails I will always be thrilled with chocolate and welding tools!

My hubby is really good though when it comes to shopping for gifts for me- he just goes to the jewelry store and gets something sparkly and heart shaped and if he can't find something at the store - he has a friend that is a major jewelry collector who will always steer him right.

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
semingly im quite difficult to buy for I didnt think i was but the more i think about it the more i think i am difficult to buy for hehe because i dont really collect anything and im picky with things like computer games and books but books are a great fall back idea as i love crime type books

Ms. Freya

Advisor
Veteran
Purraise
I never thought I was that easy to buy for but by the time December rolls around and I ask if anyone's looking for ideas, the whole family goes "No, we're already done for you." So I guess I'm easy to buy for.

My Dad is a challenge...he very rarely wants anything and if he does he tends to forget by Christmas, so you really have to be paying attention.

pipersjo

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Apparently I am difficult to shop for. If I need/want something, I just buy it
. If anyone gets me anything this year, I have told people I want money because I really need a new dresser for my bedroom *hint, hint*

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm really easy to buy for. Anything I get is appreciated.
I guess that's because I rarely buy things for myself unless absolutely needed. I don't make much money, I don't use credit cards, and I'm not a shopper.

My standby gifts are candles. I love candles.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Moi? A gift of chocolate is always welcome!

Buying for my BIL, nephew, and nephew-in-law is hard. This year I may get them a case of their favorite beer.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I suppose you could say that I'm hard to buy for in that I don't really need anything cause like others have said, I usually buy what I want/need, but along the same lines, gift cards to the stores I shop at or cash is always appreciated
I absolutely love getting gift cards
cause then I can go shopping and technically not spend any money!!

p&r

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm a very easy person to shop for, you can get me pretty much anything and I'm very grateful for it. We do grab bags with DH's family and some of the things I've gotten are a small hand mixer and clothes (from MIL) I LOVED the mixer and use it all the time! I've gotten a spa treatment (from MIL), keychain photo holder (doesn't work anymore BUT I still keep it on my keychain). This year I was considering asking for this really nice MP3 player I wanted that's on sale for 50$ BUT I don't feel right doing that, I like being surprised to see my gift

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, I guess I am hard to buy for. Anybody who felt comfortable buying clothes for me, would have no difficulty, but they're all gone, and DH...he's not even comfortable buying clothes for himself!

However, good fallbacks would be kitchen gadgets or chocolate.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady

My husband is the most difficult person to buy for.
I bet my husband is worse. I never know what to get him. If he didn't tell me what he wanted this year, I would still be stuck.

I am easy to buy for. Gift cards (for wal mart, reitmans, book stores, movies etc) are the best thing if the person doesn't know what to buy.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm hard to buy for. I've lived and worked long enough that most of what I want is bought and paid for, and my house is full of stuff that I don't really need. I've hit the downsize era of my life.

But if anyone can afford to give me a gift of travel to an exotic place, I'm game!
Well OK, that and Moose Munch, and a zigsaw puzzle.....