Question Of The Day - Thursday 8 June

Freedom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Stubbed a toe on the leg of the coffee table about 10 years ago, and result was a broken toe. They don't do anything for a broken toe other than tape it to the toe next to it. My doc told me to stop going barefoot. So I wear flip flops in the house in summer, slippers in winter.

Other than that no broken bones, no concussions, no stitches, nothing . . . until Jan 2016 when I had the total left knee implant. That is one reason it was so traumatic; I'd never been a hospital patient!

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
hmm..where do I start? I may have broken my ankle as a kid-decided to jump off the horse corral into a big pile of snow..and landed as if I was praying. the pain in my upper foot/ankle was horrible. I screamed and no one heard me. It was cold and snowy out. So I crawled to the house. Couldn't stand up at all. Crawled up the stairs to use the telephone in the office to call my mother. Who couldn't leave work for awhile. told me to sit on the couch. Later that night they said no doctor. I was out of school for 3 days-it was HORRIBLE! and they said if you were stupid enough to do that-live with it...I think I was 8 or 10. I was a gymnast so wasn't unusual for me to climb things. But I disagreed with them-I suspect we didn't have insurance at the time and dad wasn't good about paying bills..

had a head injury at school sledding down a hill-lost consciousness and they took to hospital=no breaks or concussion. they made me wear a neck brace..i was only 7 or 8 then. One of the kids was neeling down on the bottom and someone was on top of me-so I couldn't roll off the sled=so they stopped that-blamed it on me.
then let's see...next big accident..1997. motorcycle=no broken bones but no memory of it. Stitches in head.
Occasional fall down on ice and
so then recently did something to my foot-don't know what-so far x ray don't show any breaks but it sure hurts something fierce.

So no broken bones but I have had soft tissue injuries many times. And I just am a go go go type of person. I HATE LAYING AROUND!!! drives me Bat Blank Crazy!!

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes. Several years ago, I went outside to throw out some trash. I had slip on crocs. It was mid morning. I did not know it had been misting rain. Therefore my shoes were wet. I came back in the garage where the floor is concrete.
I stumped my foot, causing my shoe to stick to the floor. Unfortunately, my foot went right on out the end and I on my toes were all bent. I broke the bone in my left toe next to the big one. It split open at the joint. I went to the doctor and later to an ortho doctor. They never taped it or anything. The toe healed crooked toward my middle toe. It doesn't hurt. However, it is harder to get comfortable shoes now.

amysuen

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Nope, never.

I read somewhere that some people are prone to broken bones and will probably break more than one, while others aren't prone to them.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
forgot to mention that I have broken both baby toes.. and my big toe.. stupid accidents.. these are all crooked. The big toe has healed, forming a bunion. Never went to doctor for them.. just taped the little toes, and lived with the pain of the big toe. My fault for kicking something..

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
The first bone(s) I broke was from being dumped from a horse.It was a stable horse and he inflated himself so the cinch wasn't tight. My husband's horse knew he wasn't horse savvy, so she was doing what she wanted. I finally plucked a switch and was in the process of handing it to him when she kicked. My horse shied and the cinch was loose, so the saddle and I ended up under the horse's belly, and I fell off in the process. I broke several ribs. I lay there in the dust as a guy in a pickup truck drove up. "Did you fall off the horse?" (To myself, "No. I'm just lying here, resting.") And he drove off, coating me in a cloud of dust. We went to see a funny movie that night and I would laugh and cry, laugh and cry. We rode home about 200 miles on the motorcycle the next day. It wasn't fun.

I also broke my wrist and had to have a pin put in it. I was in a shoulder to palm cast but I still had to heave around 50 lb. sacks of mail. The hard part was zipping my pants. I thought the removal of the pin would hurt and I'm a big coward, but it didn't hurt at all.

I once broke a toe slamming it against a chair leg in my haste. I had to stuff the foot into a pointed-toe high-heeled shoe since I was going to a party. It hurt all night and it was really bad getting my foot out of it.

My husband has broken both wrists twice, broken his shoulder blade, and broken both bones in his forearm. Each was a different incident. He's had so many weird accidents they don't even bother me anymore.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
LOL...when I was about 13, I was in a horseback riding accident, and put 15 breaks on 10 fingers. I spent all summer with both hands in casts up to my elbow. THEN, when I was about 33, I crushed the knuckle of my right index finger at the joining of the carpals and metacarpals. Broke my back when I was maybe eight, rollerskating, although it was more of a crack of the L-1 and the sacrum. Broke my coccyx off when I was around 18 or so. Had an incomplete break of my left femur when I was in my 20's, and broke 3 of the tarsals in my left foot when I was around 36 years old. I keep thinking I'm missing a bone or two in this list, but...Oh, yeah. I have.