Question Of The Day - Thursday 29 August

EmersonandEvie

Mom to Evie, Emerson and Dexter
Top Cat
Purraise
We go to Kroger once a week (Walmart is cheaper but I hate that place). We go to Sam's Club (about a 30 minute drive for us) once or every other month to stock up on meat and paper towels/toilet paper/other nonperishables that we like to buy in bulk.

I get pretty much all of the cat's food from Chewy, although sometimes Kroger will run a good sale on Fancy Feast and it's cheaper to pick up cans there.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We buy most of our groceries at ALDI, and go there about once a week or so. For non-perishables, we go to BJ's about every other month or so.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Odds and ends, once a week in the nice weather (or twice if I'm dumb and forget things, which happens a lot),and more like once every 2-3 weeks in bad weather.
Big hauls, usually 2-4 times a year, sometimes more. And every single time we do, the checkbook lets out a small, indignant squawk.

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
It's usually at least two or three times a week for us. We go through V8, milk, and bread like a family of 45, even though there are only two humans. We buy a big load of cat food every six weeks or so. We are surrounded by nearby grocery stores, so shopping is easy. We buy most of our meat in bulk at Costco and use our Foodsaver to repackage it into usable portions. Our local HEB puts chicken on at a very good price about every two weeks, so we eat a lot of that.

An important note when buying chicken. A lot of it, especially major brands, are full of added "broth", which is essentially salt water. Look carefully and you'll find up to 15% of the weight of your chicken or turkey is that broth. You're paying for two or more ounces of salt water for every pound of bird. Look for chicken that says, "Minimally processed" because it's not injected with anything. You'll save money and your bird will taste better.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
My helper goes about twice a week. Nicole will pick up somethings on the weekends if I need it.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
We've been doing weekly grocery shopping pretty much ever since we got married, almost 50 years ago. It just seems to work out better for us.

Since Rick has retired and since I'm retiring at the end of the year, we've been trying to push it to bi-monthly, with a pit stop for milk, eggs, etc. Some weeks are better than others. We made it through this past week, just stopping in for eggs and a package of noodles.

I'm trying to clear the kitchen pantry out a bit as well as the upright freezer in the basement. Once we get the freezers cleaned out, we're going to sell the upright freezer and just continue to use our chest freezer. I admit to being a little nonplussed when I look into the pantry and, instead of seeing 12 - 15 packages of baking chips, I might see one! Once it's all used up, I'm going to make a storage run and build my various stashes back up.

The Beast is on a Royal Canin prescription dry food that we get from Chewy in a huge bag that will last us about six weeks. Since Pepe passed away, we're down to 3 cans of Friskies Buffet every day, which takes us down to 21 cans weekly, down from 28 cans.

Nobody is starving.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
We do most of our shopping once a week and fill in with fresh fruit and veggies as needed. Even if I make a list I always end up forgetting to write something I need on it. :doh:

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I make one big shopping trip once a month at BJ's. I get groceries and food for my cat and wildlife. Nuts, sun flower seeds, cat food and kitty litter.

After that my neighbor takes me grocery shopping about once a week to a grocery store, Walmart, Shoppers, Safeway or Giant where I do the rest of my shopping.