Question Of The Day - Thursday 28 Dec

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
*All of the above* and, well, the answer to just about any question for me is "Because...CATS."
"Cat-obsessed" doesn't even begin to describe me, and this is THE place to be for all of us who just love all things feline! I've been on some of those "other" sites, and some of them were pretty nice, too, but not so much any more. TCS is the one I come back to, because it's just the best! And yes, another reason is that it satisfies the need to look at gorgeous cats. It's kind of like "Entertainment for Cat Lovers" :insertevillaugh:

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
You're like family to me, except a lot nicer. :lol: I can come here and tell you my problems, ask for advice, and get great advice. I tell you things I don't tell anyone else. I can depend on you all. Everyone is so friendly and helpful. I've been on other forums, and TCS is the best. Everyone here is civil. You can't say that about many other online forums.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@cassiopea , LOL! Was that at a former rehearsal for "Cats?" :lol:

I have to agree with so many of you.
What I love most is the truly wonderful genuine people here! You couldn't ask for more support! I think I found the site because Angel was my first kitty. The knowledge I've learned from this site, & everyone here is unmeasured. There have actually been times when I'm talking to someone about cats, or a cat issue, etc, & I offer advice, for them to only follow with "you know so much about cats." I always say, "The cat site." I learned probably 80-90% of what I know from there! I always tell people about it in those situations.
You guys were here for me for so many things. Especially with Angel being my first.
From his bouts w/ cystitis, to healthier times, & then at the end when we tried to kick lymphoma's butt!!! Your support, kind words & actions were with me, helping me through the end, & that's why when I say I love you guys,
Its from my heart! :grouphug2:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This may be the best question of the day ever. I love this site for so many reasons

In no particular order

The members. So many amazing cat lovers in one place. I feel so at home here with so many like minded people
The pictures. So many gorgeous cats. Thank you all for letting us see your beautiful babies. They always make me smile
My fellow team members. You are all amazing and It is an honor and a privilege to be on the same team as all of you
@Anne who we owe all of this to. This is by FAR the best forum on the web and we would not have it if not for your vision, talent and dedication to cats and the people who love them :clap::worship:

I would also like to give a huge shout out to all of the wonderful cat dads on this site. Men who love cats are by far the best of all. :hugs:

Tazpacs

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone :hithere:it's easy to find thing the support & the people are help full :-)

What do you like best about The Cat Site ? :catlove:

I like everything about the site. It's really hard to pick what I like best, but the one thing that stands out to me is that everyone is just so friendly here ! :grouphug: :hugs: :heartshape:

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I admit I checked out a few cat sites before i chose this one.

There are many great aspects to this site:

Its well designed, even the name is great, easy to remember and to refer others too.
User friendly, easy to navigate, post, search and I enjoy being notified of new posts and responses to threads.
Lots of members and lots of posts
There are many knowledgable people here and they are happy, willing and even eager to share knowledge and advice.
I am amongst like minded people. Not everyone has been lucky enough to truly and fully enjoy a cat. Those who havent, cant reasonably relate to those who have.
If find the "crossing the bridge" forum very touching. Although it is always difficult to read, I am constantly drawn to. Not only are the posts of those whom have lost their companions touching, I find it is many of the same members who continually respond with long heartfelt, compassionate and understanding words and advice. In a world where we seem to be more and more rushed, for parties who dont know each other, have never met and will never meet, to take their time, respond, advise, listen and often share their losses (reopening their pain and loss every time), to help a stranger........special and not so common in life.

But what I like most about this site is that the people here LOVE their companions. It is evident in the written posts but especially in the pictures of their cats. Almost inevitably one will see an image of a cat that is obviously loved, well cared for, happy and content. Image after image, that makes me smile, reminds me of things my cats have done, are doing and will do. I find these picture posts very postive. This makes me want to continually return, contribute and enjoy.

But i do fear and know, one day it will be me posting in the crossing the bridge forum....and so, everynow and then, I especially make the effort take time to offer some comfort to those who come there before me.

Keep up the good work.

Thank you.

Attachments

Kreatorcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I read a bunch of posts before joining because I wanted to see what the community was like.

People are kind here. That was all I needed to see. There are lots of places to talk to others about cats. Cats are everywhere. A forum is a community. I want to talk to others whom want to talk about cats,not someplace where people argue about the mundane(read trolls). We all need support sometimes,and I'd rather make friends than fight fools.

ArchyCat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I enjoy most of the forums. I joined in late November last year. But when I visit the IMO forum, I am not permitted/qualified to post. That's the message at the bottom of the page. Why?

ArchyCat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Willowy -- Thanks for the information. May I suggest that information be posted at the forum's home page?

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
...oh my.....just everything!!! everything about TCS, our community, the info, support, photos, articles, product reviews...games, and on and on...

TCS is a very happy, positive place to be! :redheartpump: