Question Of The Day - Thursday 24 Jan

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I love pretty much all veggies. Favourite is a tough one. I can't possibly pick one!
:yeah: I agree.

Since I'm vegetarian I also love most veggies. But if I had to pick a favorite it would probably be broccoli and least favorite would be peas.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love butternut squash! And acorn squash. And broccoli and carrots and parsnips. And asparagus.

Tomatoes are least favorite. And I also refuse to eat peas. They just seem mushy and gross to me. I don't like peppers (bell or red) either. And I hate the feel of mushrooms, though I am eating them now.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My favorite at the moment is cooked spinach with lots of butter and onions.

My hated veggies are turnips and rutabagas. I simply do not eat them. Don't like kale in any form, turnip greens, collards, or mustard greens. Basically, the vegetables I was raised on.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My favorite would be butternut squash, and least favorite, eggplant.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Reading through everyone's answers has me realizing there are more vegetables I like than I originally thought. My favorites would be asparagus, peas, sweet potatoes, avocados, and corn (even though it technically isn't a vegetable). My least favorites would be eggplant and lima beans.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Reading through everyone's answers has me realizing there are more vegetables I like than I originally thought. My favorites would be asparagus, peas, sweet potatoes, avocados, and corn (even though it technically isn't a vegetable). My least favorites would be eggplant and lima beans.
Lima beans are terrible. I remember my mom tried to get me to eat them once as a kid. Nope!

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Tomatoes :barf: I can deal with tomato sauce, ketchup, etc but not fresh tomato. Or Asian bitter melon because, it's, well, very bitter :cringe:

I like most other common veggies: carrots, corn (fresh picked summer corn is the best :yummy:), broccoli, winter squashes, mushrooms, etc.

sabrinah

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My favorites (I can't choose just one!) are green beans, broccoli, and corn. My least favorites are mushrooms and eggplant.

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
I like most vegetables. If we can call it a vegetable, my favorite would be tomato. If not, peppers. All kinds.

Least favorite would be turnips. Not that fond of rutabagas or parsnips, either.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Tomatoes like Boris, asparagus, and Brussels sprouts

Beets are my least fave

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
My mother-in-law used to lightly fry the blossoms from pumpkins and they were delicious. In early spring she made a wonderful dandelion salad. After spring they became bitter.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My mother-in-law used to lightly fry the blossoms from pumpkins and they were delicious. In early spring she made a wonderful dandelion salad. After spring they became bitter.
My younger brother used to eat dandelion flowers. He'd just pick them from the lawn and eat them as is. He said they were good. We took his word for it. :barfgreen:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I like vegetables, most of them anyway. I don't really have a favorite.

My least favorite vegetable? Eggplant. Maybe it's because nobody has ever done eggplant that it didn't come out slimy and disgusting. A very close second would be okra. I'm just not going there.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had pumpkin blossoms in Italy! I was a little weirded out by the idea at first, but they were quite yummy!

PipersMom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am not crazy about celery by itself. Sauteing onion, celery, carrots and a little garlic is the beginning base of a lot of good dishes though.
Cooked into something, I can tolerate it. I can't eat it by itself ever, but even cooked into something, if I find a big piece, I can't eat it.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
It's hard to pick a favorite - probably cauliflower or spinach. Unlike a lot of other posters, I really like eggplant, provided it's breaded and well salted.

I dislike parsnips, but will eat them in vegetable soup.