Question Of The Day - Thursday 24 Jan

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hi everyone :wave3:

What is your favourite & least favourite vegetable ? :thumbsup:

Do mushrooms count as a vegetable ? :think: If so, any human safe mushroom is my favourite vegetable. If not, I will pick broccoli instead.
My least favourite would have to be parsnip with carrots a close second :)

mama africa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
my favourite: asparagus (white and green) (if not : mushrooms)
least favourite : eggplant

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love pretty much all veggies (though there aren't many I can actually eat these days:rolleyes:).

Favourite is a tough one. I can't possibly pick one! Maybe green beans or mushrooms...or bell peppers...or carrots....or asparagus...(I could go on all day!). Ooh, lettuce (all types) or cucumber too!

Least favourite is easier - okra, or raw tomatoes (technically a fruit, but a veggie in culinary terms ;) ). I can't do olives anymore either - I OD'd on them a while back, and I gag at the thought of them now :cringe:

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cauliflower or spinach are my favorites. I dislike eggplant and radishes equally.

marmoset

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have too many favorites. I love asparagus and cabbage/ kale- basically any brassicas.

I don't like eggplant at all. I don't even regard it as a food option.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Carrots are my favorite. It is a tossup between asparagus, eggplant and okra for my least favorite. I can eat any vegetable but those three as long as they haven't been cooked to the point of mush.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
fav, brussels sprouts - pan fried in oil and butter, and garlic 'til there's just a little bit of char beginning, the ONLY way to fly LOL

least, ummm...I think okra

PipersMom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I love veggies. My favorite would have to be asparagus or green beans.

Least favorite... I hate olives. Does that count? I don't like okra either.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
fav, brussels sprouts - pan fried in oil and butter, and garlic 'til there's just a little bit of char beginning, the ONLY way to fly LOL
Oh yeah! That sounds awesome.

I think Brussels sprouts are my current favorite too. Oven roasted is pretty good too. Along with some carrots, sweet potatoes, turnips, and parsnips (they have a bit of snappy flavor that carrots don't have). There's a frozen "root vegetable mix" at the store that I buy, mix in some garlic cloves and a little lemon and oven roast them all. Yum!

Eggplant is just nasty. BUT, I enjoy a good eggplant parm. So I suppose just about anything is good if it's prepared well.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
While mushrooms are not technically vegetables, they are a fungus BUT the USDA considers them a vegetable in terms of getting your daily vegetables. So I am going with mushroom with the non scientic classification of vegetable as being my favorite.

Least favorite is brussel sprouts or acorn squash. Anyone else who likes them is welcome to mine at anytime. Which around my house is at least twice a month.

rgwanner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I love veggies. One of my favorites is corn with butter and salt. Or peas, ditto. Sweet potatoes with butter, cinnamon and brown sugar.

My least favorite is lima beams. They just always seem dry.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone :wave3:

What is your favourite & least favourite vegetable ? :thumbsup:

Do mushrooms count as a vegetable ? :think: If so, any human safe mushroom is my favourite vegetable. If not, I will pick broccoli instead.
My least favourite would have to be parsnip with carrots a close second :)
Favorite? On the whole I'm a vegetable eater. All green things with leaves (except poison ivy, don't eat that), carrots, celery, cucumber, potatoes of all kinds (root vegetable), green beans, most zucchini and squash varieties, snap and sugar peas, snow peas, etc...

Least? Eggplant. Eggs aren't plants and eggs aren't purple so what the H. I also hate radishes, beets and turnips. (But I do like turnip greens.)

We both like peppers and tomatoes, but these are fruits, so that doesn't count. :D

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I am pretty good with veggies..

I cannot eat cauliflower, brussel sprouts, cabbage.. as they do not agree with me.

Raw onions are out also..

on the whole, I do eat veggies..and enjoy them.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can I add rhutabega (how the heck do you even spell that) to my hate list.
We can't find a way to make it taste like anything but gross dipped in a fart.