Question of the day - Thursday 23 July

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I worked a 7-day swing-shift at the paper plant for 18 years before I became a planner (I was a planner for 20 years). There were times when I didn't know what time it was or what day it was. I'd wake up at 6:00 and wonder if it was 6 in the morning or 6 at night, especially in the winter when it was dark all the time. One morning I got up, grabbed my shower, and went over to the bedroom for clothes. Rick awakened and said, "What are you doing?" I said, "I'm getting ready for work." He looked at me, rolled his eyes, and said, "Pam, it's Saturday. You're off work today! Come back to bed!" So I did. But really when you're working a swing-shift, there are days when you don't know what you're doing. It all rolls into one.

I'm not really a morning person or a night person. I just get up in the morning with the cats, usually around 6 now, and stay up. There are nights when I'm ready to crash at 8:00! Then there are nights when I'm bright-eyed and bushy-tailed at midnight. And I will say that those mornings when it's Rick's turn to get up with the cats? Some of those mornings, I think, "Oh thank god!" and roll over and go back to sleep! That's definitely a good thing about being retired.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I worked a 7-day swing-shift at the paper plant for 18 years before I became a planner (I was a planner for 20 years). There were times when I didn't know what time it was or what day it was. I'd wake up at 6:00 and wonder if it was 6 in the morning or 6 at night, especially in the winter when it was dark all the time. One morning I got up, grabbed my shower, and went over to the bedroom for clothes. Rick awakened and said, "What are you doing?" I said, "I'm getting ready for work." He looked at me, rolled his eyes, and said, "Pam, it's Saturday. You're off work today! Come back to bed!" So I did. But really when you're working a swing-shift, there are days when you don't know what you're doing. It all rolls into one.

I'm not really a morning person or a night person. I just get up in the morning with the cats, usually around 6 now, and stay up. There are nights when I'm ready to crash at 8:00! Then there are nights when I'm bright-eyed and bushy-tailed at midnight. And I will say that those mornings when it's Rick's turn to get up with the cats? Some of those mornings, I think, "Oh thank god!" and roll over and go back to sleep! That's definitely a good thing about being retired.
I have gotten up on a day off too, thinking I was late for work. I didn't have anyone to tell me I was an idiot so I got further along in the process than you before it hit me.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

You didn't happen to work at the one on Rt219 in Johnsonburg, did you? Gawd, the smell of that place whenever we passed through!