Question Of The Day - Thursday 12 September

stacydc83

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My first was a cat named Nippy, when I was 2. He lived till I was 18. In those 16 years, I had a dog named Bear, who must've been some type of wolf hybrid, german shepard, mastiff, HUGE dog that was so sweet but scared me since he was so big. After Bear, came BJ. BJ was such a sweet dog, who also made it to 16 years old (I had him from age 13-28) Nippy taught him that cats are the boss and to be afraid of them. After Nippy passed, came Sadie, a cat my dad inherited from a friend that had died, not sure how old she was, but I had her for about 10 years, maybe 11? Then after Sadie, came Lily. Lily is my first kitten, one that I picked out, and cared for, paid for. Then came Callie, the one I sometimes mention on here, she was a stray we took in, such a sweet cat, Lily's best friend, who passed away tragically 3 years ago. After Callie I got Zoe, to keep Lily company, which brings us to present day, where Lily is 7, and Zoe is 3. All of the pets that have passed are all together in my parents backyard in our little pet graveyard.

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
First family pets as a whole during my existence were German Shepherds, Mounty and Otto. My father had his horse too named Garant, and my mom had a horse named Ginger.

My first official pet that was my own was a Hamster called Hammy :biggrin:

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
A little kitten I rescued and hid until I got permission to keep him.
He was a gorgeous silver grey tabby and I called him Fred. He 'talked' to me a lot, and made a huge friend of my brother's corgi, Jasper.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It was a goldfish that I had gotten from a fair when I was in elementary school. You won them by tossing ping pong balls into the little bowls. I doubt they do that now. This was the late 70's. I don't remember what I named it. Goldy probably.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
My first pet was a little tiger kitty named Fluff. My sister had an orange tiger named Puff. So we had Fluff and Puff. We've had cats pretty much all our lives.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My first pet- of my own, that is- was a German shepherd puppy that someone dumped out in the country, probably because he was a runt. He was very protective of us, until one night about a year and a half later when Michele and I got home to find that he had been stolen.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We adopted our cat Tinsel when I was 2. I was in the 4th grade when I fell in love with a 1 week old jelly bean from a litter my mom's cousin's cat had. I named her Glory, short for Morning Glory, and she was my soul-kitty. :catlove: :lovecat:

I loved Tinsel but she was always more Mom's cat than mine. She tolerated me as I learned about cats. :tabbycat:

Deepre

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone :wave3:

What was your very first pet & what was their name ? :)

When I was born my mom and dad already had 4 cats and 1 dog that were family pets.
The very first pet that was officially all mine was a hamster with the very original name of Hammy :biggrin:
When I was growing up we had a German Shepard and her name was lady

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
A black cat called Peter.

thumbnail.jpg

Someone found him as a kitten and gave him to us. He was an indoor only cat for the first year, then we moved to a house with a back garden and Peter was allowed a bit of outdoor time. Shortly after that Peter gave birth to 4 kittens!

Hey, guess what? Peter was a girl!

We kept one, Wellington, got them both fixed and found homes for the other 3.