Question Of The Day - Thursday 1 March

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I love the smell of burning leaves in autumn.

Kreatorcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm as they say, "tetched in the head" because I like the smell of skunk, although well-diluted. I don't think I'd like it as much if I got sprayed.
I dig that too. Back in the day,we would sometimes get hootie that had a skunky smell. Whenever I drive past a dead skunk it reminds me of my misspent youth.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Cigarettes. I was a 2-1/2 pack a day smoker for 20 years and it's been 23 years since I quit. To this day, I will sidle up to my co-worker when he's smoking and take a deep breath. Ironically, I don't like how smokers smell after they're done with their cigarettes, but I love the smell of a fresh cigarette right after it's been lit.

I used to love the smell of a good pipe tobacco. My co-worker at the paper plant put a stop to that. He was a pipe smoker and I don't think he ever cleaned that pipe. Years and years ago, we were allowed to smoke in certain areas of the plant while we were working; I could sit by my machine and smoke while operating my machine. That man's pipe made my eyes water; everybody complained about it.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I like the smell of Lestoil. It's used for cleaning and not good for the environment. It reminds me
of my childhood.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I don't think I've even noticed that cardboard has a smell......:headscratch:

I like the smell of linseed oil, reminds me of my art student days.

I'm not sure if I've remembered the name correctly, but my dad used to use this putty adhesive called mastic. He was a boat builder for many years, he had sheds and toolboxes full of all kinds of fascinating stuff that we weren't supposed to touch. :hide:

The mastic was brick red and had a smell like grown up Plasticine. That's the only way I can describe the stuff. It smelled great!

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love the smell of smoke, and the smell of freshly cut grass (most other people I know hate it). Also love the smell of antiseptic and Tea Tree oil.
Not particularly weird but other favourite scents are orange blossom, the aroma of dinner (though I hate the smell of most pasta/cheese based dishes) and incense.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Women. I'm a man,and women are weird because I am a man and we just don't understand. But damn,they sure smell good.

Cats are weird too,but I loves me the smell of a cat belly.

Women and cats,two of my favorite things. But y'all are both weird. (quickly retreats to the far corner of the internet to avoid backlash)
There are quite a few people on TCS that like to huff cat bellies. In fact, there's a very funny thread somewhere about it. Lavishsqualor started it.

I like most of the things that have already been mentioned, except for gasoline and plastics. I would add the smell of snow. Sometimes, I can smell it in the air before it starts coming down.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Cigarettes. I was a 2-1/2 pack a day smoker for 20 years and it's been 23 years since I quit. To this day, I will sidle up to my co-worker when he's smoking and take a deep breath. Ironically, I don't like how smokers smell after they're done with their cigarettes, but I love the smell of a fresh cigarette right after it's been lit.

I used to love the smell of a good pipe tobacco. My co-worker at the paper plant put a stop to that. He was a pipe smoker and I don't think he ever cleaned that pipe. Years and years ago, we were allowed to smoke in certain areas of the plant while we were working; I could sit by my machine and smoke while operating my machine. That man's pipe made my eyes water; everybody complained about it.
I like the smell of a freshly lit cigarette too. It reminds me of DH and when we used to sit outback in the screen room together at night. I also like the smell of a freshly lit cigar. My dad smoked cigars once in a while when I was a kid. Mom would not let him smoke near the house so he smoked them in the driveway. I adore the smell of freshly lit...... Mary Jane. Come on Florida. Get with the times..... :sigh:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I would add the smell of snow. Sometimes, I can smell it in the air before it starts coming down.
I know what you mean, it has that almost mineral smell, doesn't it?

People look at me like I'm crazy when I say "Smells like it's going to snow."