Question Of The Day - Thursday 1 March

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hi everyone :wave3:

We are having a snow day here in the UK :cold: The 'beast from the East' has arrived with all the Siberian ice cold air. We are also being hit by Storm Emma at the same time :frown:
So, it pretty chilly here it was -8 last night and it's currently -3 where I am :confused:

Today's question is .....

What weird things do you like the smell of ? o_O

I love the smell of cardboard. :paperbag: Yep, the smell of new cardboard. Mmmmmmm :crazy:

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is probably the weirdest answer you'll get-the smell of cigarettes (fresh, not stale.) I've never smoked myself, but I was always around smoking relatives as a little girl, so there's a strange nostalgia. I also tend to like the smell of burned meat, so maybe it's just burned things in general :dunno:

FakeGourmet

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Wow! I didn't know it ever got that cold in the UK!!

I have no sense of smell due to brain injury, but when I could smell, I loved the oily burn smell that electronic motors give off if not used in a long time. The last time I smelled it was when a lady sold me her serger that had been in the garage for 15 years.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, and when you say -8 you mean celsius so that's just 17 degrees to us, lol. It was 17 degrees here this morning, pretty normal for around here. It was close to 0 fahrenheit up North!

I like the smell of diesel machinery. Probably because my dad was a Machinist's Mate in the Navy, and his clothes always smelled like that when he got home.

Brian007

Furmate and Famulus
Top Cat
Purraise
Firelighters, petrol, and burning wood spring to mind. Hmmm, that looks suspicious written down. :fireblob: I also quite like the smell of solvents and marker pens and chemicals in general. I guess it's just as well that I'm not minded towards abuse.

But it's still less weird than Merlin77 Merlin77 's love of stinky catfood, oddball! :barfgreen:

(Thanks @debbila for the :barfgreen:)

Last edited:

Kreatorcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Women. I'm a man,and women are weird because I am a man and we just don't understand. But damn,they sure smell good.

Cats are weird too,but I loves me the smell of a cat belly.

Women and cats,two of my favorite things. But y'all are both weird. (quickly retreats to the far corner of the internet to avoid backlash)

nansiludie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The smell of rain when it is on hot asphalt. It's such a nice soothing scent. Makes everything smell clean. Bleach would be a close second.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I love the smell of the ocean.. even at low tide..-- meaning the smell of sulfur/ocean

Last edited:

PMousse

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I love the smell of BOOKS! For new books, it's usually the smell of fresh ink; for old books, it's the slight mustiness.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
About 35 years ago pipes got trendy at least with the men that I was around at the time, that was when smoking hadn't been banned just about everywhere. There was a tobacco that smelled like cherries that I loved the smell of. I also like the smell of wood burning.

rgwanner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It is not weird but I love the smell of newly cut grass It smells like summer and I hate winter. Also the smell of newly laid asphalt. Same reason. Where I grew up (in IN) the roads would be repaved in the spring. It meant summer was coming.

FakeGourmet

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
About 35 years ago pipes got trendy at least with the men that I was around at the time, that was when smoking hadn't been banned just about everywhere. There was a tobacco that smelled like cherries that I loved the smell of. I also like the smell of wood burning.
I don't think that as a weird smell. Tobacco smoke of certain types DID smell good! It was cigar smoke that stank. Ew.

And yes, I didn't think of the Fahrenheit vs. Centigrade distinction. Spend much of the winter below zero (Fahrenheit) here. That would be -17C and lower to you. :)