Question of the Day Sunday the 29th of December, 2019

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd just like to go somewhere pretty and cool in the Fall. We don't really have seasons where I live, and I've always wanted to see leaves change color, and feel the crunch of dry leaves under my feet, and it be cool enough to wear a sweater or even a light coat. :)
When I was a child, my mother took me out of school for a week in October. We took the train to stay with my aunt, her sister, in New York. We traveled to Vermont and I can still remember how amazingly beautiful the foliage it was. I bet you would love it
There were little stores and even a small museum that had a pair of Abraham Lincoln's eye glasses..:D🍃

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
France and Italy. luxury hotels of course. Lots of shopping in both places. I'd go by myself. That way there's no one whining about the fact that I'm drinking wine and shopping instead of visiting overcrowded tourist traps.
You'd have to ship all the hand bags you bought or the plane would be overloaded, ha!😁

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd just like to go somewhere pretty and cool in the Fall. We don't really have seasons where I live, and I've always wanted to see leaves change color, and feel the crunch of dry leaves under my feet, and it be cool enough to wear a sweater or even a light coat. :)
Northern Minnesota from mid September to late October is just what you are looking for.

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was a child, my mother took me out of school for a week in October. We took the train to stay with my aunt, her sister, in New York. We traveled to Vermont and I can still remember how amazingly beautiful the foliage it was. I bet you would love it
There were little stores and even a small museum that had a pair of Abraham Lincoln's eye glasses..:D🍃
Oh, that sounds awesome! Maybe someday. *crosses fingers, and toes*

To be honest, sometimes I've wondered if places like that really existed, with all those pretty trees, stone fences, quaint little shops, etc., or if they were just a Hollywood fantasy -- like those movies that are supposedly set in Texas, but have snow-capped mountains off in the distance. :lol:

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Northern Minnesota from mid September to late October is just what you are looking for.
Cool! That's good to know. One of our friends moved back to Minnesota several years ago. But all she talked about was how much she missed the snow, and that's a wee bit cooler than I had in mind, especially for someone who hasn't owned a winter coat in ages! :)

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Oh, that sounds awesome! Maybe someday. *crosses fingers, and toes*

To be honest, sometimes I've wondered if places like that really existed, with all those pretty trees, stone fences, quaint little shops, etc., or if they were just a Hollywood fantasy -- like those movies that are supposedly set in Texas, but have snow-capped mountains off in the distance. :lol:
Totally true. I live in southern New England so our colors aren’t as vibrant as northern New England, but we’ve totally got stone walls, quaint shops and colors. My husband and I usually head north in October to get the more vibrant colors on mountains, which is crazy to see. I think I’ve posted pics on here before. I’ll have to look.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
sometimes I've wondered if places like that really existed, with all those pretty trees, stone fences, quaint little shops, etc., or if they were just a Hollywood fantasy
Oh, they exist. All you need is Fodor's guidebook.;)

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise

Jemima Lucca

Forever a feline fan💕
Super Cat
Purraise
We had Japanese exchange students several times when my kids were young so that’s absolutely where I’d want to go! One of the lesser known areas of Japan; such as ishigaki, Okinawa where there’s actually white sand beaches and snorkeling. Or the island of Ishikawa where the Kenrokuen Garden is. Or the serenity of Shikoku island...but, 2 weeks?😬

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm already going to Scotland this March! So wouldn't mind if that was all paid for and taken care of :lol:

But in regards to the Q specifically, other than aforementioned Scotland, I would probably go down south to Guadeloupe, British Virgin Islands or Aruba. Mainly because the many other places I want to visit would also be in the middle of winter!

Otherwise I would love to opt for Iceland, Poland, France (Complicated situations permitting), Germany, Hungary, Croatia or Japan!

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Can I bring my whole family? Because then I’d choose Disney. If not; DH and I will go to Italy.
You can bring your family.Why not do Disney for a week, then Italy with DH for the other week?