Question of the Day, Sunday the 27th of June, 2021

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello and Happy Sunday!!!

Since it's pretty safe to travel now, are you going anywhere over the summer? If you could go Europe since
they are now letting people from other countries in, would you visit there, all funds taken care of, where would
you go?

I would eat my way through France and Italy, staying in beach houses, and Wales of course!!!

Where would you go?

Last edited:

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Assuming that we could find a suitable caretaker for our cats- no small matter, that- I would take a tour of the Netherlands, Scotland, England, France, and Germany; specifically the Prussian region, to see the ancestral homes of Michele's (Prussia) and my forebears.

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Assuming that we could find a suitable caretaker for our cats- no small matter, that- I would take a tour of the Netherlands, Scotland, England, France, and Germany; specifically the Prussian region, to see the ancestral homes of Michele's (Prussia) and my forebears.
What..not Wales. We have lovely beaches, forests, mountains and good Welsh food.

sapiophile

CatsRule
Kitten
Purraise

Since it's pretty safe to travel now, are you going anywhere over the summer? If you could go Europe since
they are now letting people from other countries in, would you visit there, all funds taken care of, where would
you go?

I would eat my way through France and Italy, staying in beach houses, and Wales of course!!!

Where would you go?
Greece, as I've never been. Hearing of its beauty and culture, it's on my official bucket list.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd also love to go to Greece. Or back to France or Croatia. Or somewhere in Scandinavia. Or Ireland.

If all expenses were paid, I'd probably try it, but with the baby and food limitations, I'm not sure this summer would be ideal.

I wouldn't say no to a trip to Wales, either.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I lived in Europe for 5 years so I am really not too interested in going back. The places I would like to go still aren't safe. I want to go on a wildlife tour in Africa and India before the wildlife is gone. The tigers in India are actually beginning to rebound a bit but India is a very crowded country which means they will run out of territory very soon.

EmersonandEvie

Mom to Evie, Emerson and Dexter
Top Cat
Purraise
YES! We have flights booked to Salt Lake City this fall. I cannot wait! Neither B or I have ever been out west, and B has never been on a plane. We will be staying with his best friend. :)

If I could go anywhere in Europe, I would go to Scotland. That's been an absolute dream trip of mine for over a decade. I wouldn't mind going to Germany or Sweden/Finland, either. Or Iceland.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm hoping to go with a tour group to Oaxaca, Mexico, this fall focusing on textiles, including an embroidery class with women who do traditional Mexican hand embroidery. But we'll see if enough people sign up for the trip to be a go. Next spring, I'm going to Andalucia, Spain. It was a trip I'd booked last spring that got cancelled by Covid. I can't wait to start traveling again.

Aglaya Felipe

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've been visiting family and friends locally in New York State. I'd love to go to Rome, Ireland, France, Spain would be cool too, and Russia.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise

you go?

Where would you go?
I honestly don't think it's safe, regardless of what the CDC says. I just read that there are some states going on lock down again because of the variant. But even so I don't travel out of the country unless it would be to Egypt. The entire culture fascinates me.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Norway and Iceland for sure. They are the top two places I want to visit. I've been looking into going to Iceland as a celebratory trip for after I graduate, but I don't have the money right now to do that.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We have people coming to see us and already visited the inlaws. Its rare that people visit us so having several come so close together is a big “woah” and a bit overwhelming! :lol:

If I could travel to Europe I’d tour ancient ruins around Italy, Greece, etc. And then castles. And along the way I’d like to experience each region’s cuisine. I don’t actually like the whole process pf traveling and getting ready to travel; so I’d have to make the most of one trip! Maybe I’d hire a guide/translator to take that stress off!