Question of the Day, Sunday the 23rd of August, 2020

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The most logical place to expand on my house would be my bedroom because expanding wouldn't be a logistical nightmare, but I'd like to expand on my living room. Because of how my living room is close to the tree in my front yard, it wouldn't work without cutting it down and I wouldn't want to do that.

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
I like the house I am in. I like the location. The house is very well built. But the main bathroom is absurdly small for a 1750 sq. ft. house.

It is a 40 inch wide corridor with a sink on one side and a bathtub on the other. The toilet is straight ahead. Even though there is a linen closet across the hall, the builders saw fit to put a full-sized closet in the bathroom. The sink has a vanity, but some of the drawers can not be pulled out all the way because on the toilet. I could put a chair in the vanity, but there is no way I could pull it out to sit in it because the toilet is in the way. And worst of all, the fixtures - bathtub, sink, toilet and some of the tiles - are PINK! In the main bathroom!! Great house, but the bathroom is torture. I would love to have it redone.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I'd enlarge my kitchen.I have almost no counter space,very little cabinet space and what I do have is chuck full.Don't mind my appliances or anything like that...they're all fine.Might be nice to have a fridge in the kitchen,though,so maybe a 3rd fridge?I can see hubby's reaction now...

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Everything. :lol:

I've daydreamed about adding space for school. Where my patio is could be a nice size room for that. Someday it would be my library. I'd put the door to the backyard off that room instead of butting up against the table over carpet. It would have a gas fireplace (we have a woodstove elsewhere) and plenty of windows. The walls would be light so it's a bright, cheerful room to learn in. The kids would each have their own workspace and I'd have my own too. And there would be plenty of storage for books and supplies. And a cozy chair for me to read in. :cloud9:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Well, the whole house is due for demolition and rebuilding in the not too distant future, but if I was going to renovate one room it would be the bath room.

I'd have the floor leveled off so the water drains towards the plug holes for a start. I'd also like to have a separate shower stall and bath, rather than just having to stand in the bath when I take a shower. And somehow extend the bathroom so there is room for dressing room with vanity unit, mirror, storage for towels and things like that. The whole room needs to be a different colour too. I'm not sure what, but anything is better than the mental-institution-blue it is now.

:cringe:

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
We really need an entirely new bathroom - preferably one that was extended several feet. It's too small, and everything is from the early 80s. Even taking out one of the sinks and expanding the shower would help.

Dana_And_Monster

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Gosh, if money were no object I would love to move into a cute house with hard wood floors and deck it out with cat stuff. I don't care about how comfortable it is, but I'd love for my cat to have a great place. Like this:
Cat-Highway004.jpg

4077f97977184f5ccb4d376d2e86c7c7.jpg

I'd love for the house to have a giant catio type situation around the house, caged in like the cages used for big cat rescue; with the two-door situation going on. Like, the house would be in a giant cat proof cage. That way escapes would be zero chance!
Colors... I like Christmas lights so I would love that around the house instead of traditional lights, but out of the reach of cats. Big fake Christmas tree up year round, soft Christmas music playing through built in stereos around the house with tons of fake plants to give it a good look! And finally........ TONS of fishtanks! I love fish but don't have the money for big tanks or anything. Fishtanks built into the walls would be so cool!!!!! Instead of ugly actual televisions. I don't watch tv.
fdeabe54-8b97-4f5d-a834-4f4c53c87a50-Seavisions_Wilminton.jpg
6d5a7ad6c3b311b801be61ae70800334.jpg

52a1fd02e2a3b6fda88b9e0610723921.jpg

Lastly... My own room would be nice; right now me and the cat share a room and I work the nights, so I am nocturnal; so the windows are blacked out in my room. He loves looking out of windows though so it would be cool if the whole house had giant windows but my room was blacked out, super dark.

Dana_And_Monster

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just have 2 sets of doors to every door that leads to the great outdoors. I don't know why all apartments and houses don't have this. If a door opens up right to the outdoors, of course the cat is going to escape.
Honestly!! That would save so much stress and problems.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just have 2 sets of doors to every door that leads to the great outdoors. I don't know why all apartments and houses don't have this. If a door opens up right to the outdoors, of course the cat is going to escape.
Our house, built in 1903, already has that feature. Each entry- front, side, and rear- has a small anteroom, so we can come and go without worrying about an escaped cat. It simplifies things a lot.