Question of the Day, Sunday the 14th of June. 2020

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my goodness!So many to choose from!A fresh tomato and mayo on homemade bread,onion and liverwurst on pumpernickel,reubens,muffelettas,cucumber with mayo on toast...I could go on and on......

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Give me a good ruben any day! :yummy: This cafe by my MIL’s makes great sandwiches but the Ruben is the best. Unfortunately its 400 miles away.

I could probably eat sandwiches for every meal. Reubens, blt, burgers, chicken sandwiches... It doesn’t have to have lunch meat or be unhealthy. I like my multigrain breads.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love a good Italian sub with salami, pepperoni, provolone, oil, lettuce, etc, but never tomatoes. So good.

At home I used to make liversausage and American cheese sandwiches. Doubtful that's very popular, but I grew up eating them.

For dinner tonight I have natural peanut butter and grape jelly.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Another vote for Reuben here, although I can’t remember the last time I had one. And grilled cheese sandwiches when I’m feeling nostalgic. :)

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
How do you use tahini sauce? Do you use it cold, straight from the jar?
I only have it when eating at my favorite Middle Eastern/Mediterranean restaurant since they make their own and it's great. :yummy:
However, you can buy it in a jar. You should try it, I think you would like it whether as a condiment in a sandwich or drizzled over veggies.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Looks like Reuben is the winner so far, which surprises me, and now I m craving one.
I thought it be bacon roll with brown sauce. ;)

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
A BLT with home grown tomatoes, thick slice crispy bacon- with mayo- on toast. A second would have to be turkey sandwich (with real turkey, not lunchmeat), with cranberry sauce made with fresh cranberries, mayo and romaine lettuce. On really good potato bread. Third, egg salad made with dijon mustard and has chopped red bell peppers in it.

Then there's grilled cheese thrown in a bowl of tomato soup.

Snack- hmmmm- cheezits.