Question of the Day: Sunday, November 27

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I'm not feeling well,I tend to crave this oriental soup that I make.It's loaded with veggies,garlic,ginger,and lemongrass.Sometimes I add soy sauce and noodles,it settles well with my stomach and the fact that I crave it must mean I need whatever is in it.I will say I do feel better after I down a mug,and it's usually all I have for a few days and then I'm fine.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A few years ago I got a really nasty virus and was down for WEEKS. Didn’t lose a pound. :lol: For a couple weeks there getting a bagel toasted and cream cheesed or heating a can of soup took all my energy; but I ate and showered some for the steam.

I don’t really remember more than one time where I lost some weight from being sick. That was suspected Mono in the 6th grade. Other than stomach bugs I guess they just don’t bother me like that.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I tend to lose my appetite but don't need to lose weight. However, I push liquids more than anything, e.g. tea, ginger ale and one of my co-workers swore by the benefits of fresh ginger.

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
A cold doesn't affect my appetite at all, but I feel like having chicken noodle soup. Or just plain bouillon of some type. Egg drop soup too. And saltine crackers. And, Fireball Whiskey helps clear my nose! And put me to sleep.
Fevers don't affect my appetite either. I don't remember when I last had a fever, but when I did I'd have just plain ice water. And I know it's important to have food with either to support immune system fighting off the disease/infection, so I still eat if I'm not nauseated. But it's Cream of Wheat, cinnamon toast, noodles with Frank's Red Hot Sauce...

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The first day of a cold is always a sore throat for me and it's always the most painful day. I end up eating a lot of soup or hot liquids because for whatever reason, my brain seems to think that I can burn the sore off my throat. :lol: I know it doesn't work that way, but I do it every time I get a sore throat.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The first day of a cold is always a sore throat for me and it's always the most painful day. I end up eating a lot of soup or hot liquids because for whatever reason, my brain seems to think that I can burn the sore off my throat. :lol: I know it doesn't work that way, but I do it every time I get a sore throat.
Yes, I always go sore throat -> super runny nose -> hacking cough.