Question Of The Day, Sunday, May 7, 2017

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I finally got around to buying a new pastry cloth and rolling pin cover. Now my pie crusts are nice and flaky again, and I think that's pretty darned exciting. Then again, I almost never buy anything for myself, so I always get excited anytime I get something new. :lol:
a new pastry cloth and rolling pin cover!!! very exciting!! :cloud9:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A 40 meter roll of wire fencing material and some heavy duty bolt cutters.

:thumbsup:

I'm not allowed in the kitchen. Too dangerous!
a roll of wire fencing and heavy duty bolt cutters! most excellent!!! :clap: may i ask -- is for more work on your cat enclosure?

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
a roll of wire fencing and heavy duty bolt cutters! most excellent!!! :clap: may i ask -- is for more work on your cat enclosure?
Yes it is! How did you guess?

The top part of the fence always collapses under the snow every winter. The new wire mesh has much bigger holes in it. Too small for kitties to get through, but hopefully big enough to stop the snow piling up next winter.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes it is! How did you guess?

The top part of the fence always collapses under the snow every winter. The new wire mesh has much bigger holes in it. Too small for kitties to get through, but hopefully big enough to stop the snow piling up next winter.
if i remember correctly, you had relatively recently posted something about working on your cat enclosure. using wire mesh with bigger holes in it sounds like a great plan!! :agree:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The pot fairy (no, not that kind of pot) left me 22 new pots for my container garden and all the plants to go in them. I have 75 pots now and one is a grape tomato plant that's up to the top of the 8' trellis. It has over 30 little tomatoes on it.
I'm not sure who's most excited, me or my tomato-gobbling husband.

The big excitement in the kitchen is a new set of oversized flexible cutting boards. I'm always whacking away at something and this give me more room to make a mess.
new pots and plants to go in them -- and plenty of them!!! :clap: that sounds very exciting! i'd be really excited about all those tomatoes growing too! :yummy:

ahhh, a set of oversized flexible cutting boards!! :thumbsup: very handy! :D

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bought a real desk for my Auxiliary's office. They only had a folding table, with a Navy blue cloth on it, which shows every speck of white paper, etc. We needed office supplies storage, i.e., drawers. I am now the President, and I'll be darned if I'm spending my term writing on the other thing. Boy, it was a PAIN for DH to assemble last night. It took almost 5 hours, and he's experienced, as am I, with RTA furniture. I'm donating the desk as a sort of in-coming President's gift to the Auxiliary.

View attachment 179947
that's a really lovely desk!!! :thumbsup: and a wonderful in-coming President's gift to the Auxiliary! :)