Question Of The Day, Sunday, May 7, 2017

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
good morning! :hellocomputer:

yesterday, i made a lovely (and very tasty) batch of spaghetti sauce using my new stockpot. it's always very exciting for me, using new cookware/bakeware/cooking utensils/kitchen gadgets. :cloud9:

for today's Question of the Day......

What was the most recent 'exciting' item that you bought?

i'll start!

for me, it was the new stockpot -- 10-quart and hard anodized. :D i'll be getting a lot of use out of it!

how about you?

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Well, it wasn't overly exciting or exotic, but I bought a new air fryer cookbook. It came on Thursday (Amazon) and it's got some interesting recipes to try.

Freedom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Since you didn't specify that it must be a new kitchen item, I found a red - white - and - blue summer hat, wide, wide brim to protect from the sun, and it was at a really good price so I bought it; now for some summer weather so I can wear it! I figured it will be useful as I will be recovering from hip replacement most of the summer.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I've had the same old frying pans for ages and since I had a great coupon I treated myself to not one but two new frying pans that I can use without requiring any type of oil or coating. It was worth every penny since I'll probably keep them as long as I've had the other ones. :wink:

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Kitchen related also.
I bought a gel mat for the kitchen. It's long enough that I can stand at the stove and a couple feet more at the counter where I prep. It's VERY comfortable to stand on. In recent years I realized my feet and knees were killing me when doing cooking that requires standing on the tile floor for too long. It actually came with a lot of commentary on using it, which I didn't expect. I got it in a sort of slate blue ginko leaf pattern. Goes nice with my kitchen.
The cats like it also LOL. Both of them like to sit on it when waiting for their meals.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't bought anything for the kitchen. I try real hard not to cook much.
But, the Proden Plaqueoff came in Friday. Can't wait to see the results in a few weeks.

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I finally got around to buying a new pastry cloth and rolling pin cover. Now my pie crusts are nice and flaky again, and I think that's pretty darned exciting. Then again, I almost never buy anything for myself, so I always get excited anytime I get something new. :lol:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, it wasn't overly exciting or exotic, but I bought a new air fryer cookbook. It came on Thursday (Amazon) and it's got some interesting recipes to try.
ahhh, very nice!!! :clap:

i've been reading about air fryers, after reading threads/posts about them here. i think they're fascinating. :think:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Since you didn't specify that it must be a new kitchen item, I found a red - white - and - blue summer hat, wide, wide brim to protect from the sun, and it was at a really good price so I bought it; now for some summer weather so I can wear it! I figured it will be useful as I will be recovering from hip replacement most of the summer.
yes, can be any kind of item! :)

a red, white, and blue wide summer hat, with a wide brim!!! :thumbsup: most excellent to protect from the sun!

and, sending :vibes::vibes::vibes: for a smooth and (relatively) comfortable recovery from your hip replacement.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've had the same old frying pans for ages and since I had a great coupon I treated myself to not one but two new frying pans that I can use without requiring any type of oil or coating. It was worth every penny since I'll probably keep them as long as I've had the other ones. :wink:
those new frying pans sound great!!! :clap: and a 'great coupon' makes the purchase even better! :D

i'll be replacing an older and worn (ie, nonstick coating coming off) 9x13 baking pan coming up relatively soon. i'm seriously considering buying a stainless pan instead of nonstick -- with the thought that i'd rather soak and scrub to clean it, than have the pan ruin by the nonstick coating either getting scratched or coming off. :think:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
A 40 meter roll of wire fencing material and some heavy duty bolt cutters.

:thumbsup:

I'm not allowed in the kitchen. Too dangerous!

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
The pot fairy (no, not that kind of pot) left me 22 new pots for my container garden and all the plants to go in them. I have 75 pots now and one is a grape tomato plant that's up to the top of the 8' trellis. It has over 30 little tomatoes on it.
I'm not sure who's most excited, me or my tomato-gobbling husband.

The big excitement in the kitchen is a new set of oversized flexible cutting boards. I'm always whacking away at something and this give me more room to make a mess.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kitchen related also.
I bought a gel mat for the kitchen. It's long enough that I can stand at the stove and a couple feet more at the counter where I prep. It's VERY comfortable to stand on. In recent years I realized my feet and knees were killing me when doing cooking that requires standing on the tile floor for too long. It actually came with a lot of commentary on using it, which I didn't expect. I got it in a sort of slate blue ginko leaf pattern. Goes nice with my kitchen.
The cats like it also LOL. Both of them like to sit on it when waiting for their meals.
a gel mat for your kitchen! very nice!!! :thumbsup: i've heard really good things about gel mats. and your Casper and Cocoabean enjoy it too!! :catrub:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't bought anything for the kitchen. I try real hard not to cook much.
But, the Proden Plaqueoff came in Friday. Can't wait to see the results in a few weeks.
Proden Plaqueoff!! :clap: may i ask -- did you get the kind for humans, for cats, or both?

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
Oooh! A gel mat! I'll bet everyone's tootsies are happy. Has anyone tried jumping on it like on a bed yet? I wonder why they don't make gel mat shoes?

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oooh! A gel mat! I'll bet everyone's tootsies are happy. Has anyone tried jumping on it like on a bed yet? I wonder why they don't make gel mat shoes?
No jumping on it yet! I am somewhat concerned about little claw marks though - my leather couch has tiny pin pricks all over the back supporting part due to them walking on it all the time.

Gel mat shoes would be a dream come true :)

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I bought a real desk for my Auxiliary's office. They only had a folding table, with a Navy blue cloth on it, which shows every speck of white paper, etc. We needed office supplies storage, i.e., drawers. I am now the President, and I'll be darned if I'm spending my term writing on the other thing. Boy, it was a PAIN for DH to assemble last night. It took almost 5 hours, and he's experienced, as am I, with RTA furniture. I'm donating the desk as a sort of in-coming President's gift to the Auxiliary.

white desk.jpeg

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
Now THAT'S classy! It sure inspires you to want to work more doesn't it? I'd have thought of every reason possible to avoid that table with the cloth on it.

Sometimes assembly instructions are creative to say the least, especially if written in another country. They often omit steps or poorly explain them. On the other hand, such assemblies can increase your vocabulary, albeit not of socially acceptable words.

I hope you gave DH a drink and a message afterward. I'm sure he needed them after all that time of crawling around on the floor and assuming Twister positions to get it assembled.

What kind of auxiliary do you belong to?