Question Of The Day, Sunday, May 14, 2017

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
good morning! :wave3:

just yesterday, i realized that it's getting close to our Dude's birthday! so now i'm in a rush to plan some gifts for him and the girls.

for today's Question of the Day......

Do you celebrate your cat's birthday('s)? (can be in any way -- like with treats or a favorite meal, extra snuggles, gifts, a quiet day together, and etc)

i'll start!

we always celebrate kitty birthdays here. i plan a quiet day together for us, close to the cats birth dates each year, as they love those quiet days we're able to enjoy together. i also give all my cats gifts, on each of their birthdays. an extra few treats are usually given to them too! :kneading:

okay, now it's your turn!

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We always wish each one a happy birthday and give a special treat and extra long 'butt rub' at the feeding bowl. But we don't go all out like we used to, with a tuna cake and everything, I think now we celebrate every day we have with them, we know how precious life can be.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Not all of them, that could get expensive, but I do make a note of all of their birthdays.

I usually celebrate their first Gotcha Day with extra treats and their favourite brands of wet food for the whole gang.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
At the very least there are some extra birthday treats; sometimes he gets a new blanket or toy. We knew our last cat's exact date of birth, but Mowgli's was just estimated to be in June of 2012, so we arbitrarily chose June 1st to celebrate.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, I don't. Both my kitties are rescues, and I have no idea when their birthdays are. In fact, I'm not really sure how old they are. Mingo was five months old when I adopted him, but can't figure out how a three-month-old kitten ended up on the street. He had been picked up, turned in, and neutered before I got him, so that had to be two months.

Lily was abandoned as a mom with five kittens. She was found in southern Illinois, and brought up here with her kittens. They said she was between one and two years old, but listed her in her record as two years old. I think she was about one year old or less when I adopted her as I'm sure her kittens were her first litter and she could have gotten pregnant at six months.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Since most of our cats have been rescues we celebrate their Gotcha Day. It's usually a new toy or special treat but we have always showered them with love 365 days a year and that's what is most important to us. :hearthrob:

dalpaengi

A cat snail enthusiast
Young Cat
Purraise
Since most of our cats have been rescues we celebrate their Gotcha Day. It's usually a new toy or special treat but we have always showered them with love 365 days a year and that's what is most important to us. :hearthrob:
Aww that's so sweet! I'm gonna have to *yoink* that idea because tomorrow I'm rescuing my very first cat and they have no idea which day she was born, other than the fact that she's 10 months old.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We always wish each one a happy birthday and give a special treat and extra long 'butt rub' at the feeding bowl. But we don't go all out like we used to, with a tuna cake and everything, I think now we celebrate every day we have with them, we know how precious life can be.
ahhh, very nice!!! :clap:

very true, and a lovely sentiment! :redheartpump:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not all of them, that could get expensive, but I do make a note of all of their birthdays.

I usually celebrate their first Gotcha Day with extra treats and their favourite brands of wet food for the whole gang.
celebrating their first Gotcha Day, with extra treats and favorite brands of wet food for all!!! :thumbsup: most excellent!!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Aww that's so sweet! I'm gonna have to *yoink* that idea because tomorrow I'm rescuing my very first cat and they have no idea which day she was born, other than the fact that she's 10 months old.
Good luck on your first cat adoption.:clap2: Please post pics whenever you have a chance, we'd love to see them.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At the very least there are some extra birthday treats; sometimes he gets a new blanket or toy. We knew our last cat's exact date of birth, but Mowgli's was just estimated to be in June of 2012, so we arbitrarily chose June 1st to celebrate.
extra birthday treats, and sometimes a new blanket or toy for your Mowgli!!! :thumbsup: most excellent!!

my Mickey :rbheart: and Snick's :rbheart: birth date had to be estimated, and i chose August 1st. the girls, DeeDee and Punky have actual birth dates, while our Dude's birth date is estimated.