Question Of The Day, Sunday, March 11, 2018

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I love BBQ Sauce, especially when it's really thick and caramelized onto whatever. I need to learn how to caramelize. I hate how when you order BBQ wings now, they just throw the sauce on there at the end. It was to be cooked on and caramelized!
I agree with you about commercial wings with the sauce thrown on them after cooking. We don't fry our wings; they're always grilled. I throw dry rub on my wings and let them sit in the fridge for 1-2 hours, then I make up the sauce and throw the wings in half the sauce and let them sit in the fridge for another four hours or so. Then I throw them on the grill. As they grill, I baste them with the other half of the sauce. I use a bourbon sauce for my wings. And oh my! Yum. Just yum. And now I'm hungry for wings!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pulled BBQ Pork is my favorite but it has to be sweet BBQ.
Pulled bbq pork with sweet bbq sauce is your favorite!!! :clap: great!! :D

i usually prefer the sweet bbq sauces, but i've discovered that i really like a good vinegar bbq sauce too. when i made the pulled pork a couple days ago, i thought i might make a 'sweet and tangy' bbq sauce for it, but i ended up deciding to make the vinegar bbq sauce (that i'd made the last time), because it tasted so very good. :agree:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pulled pork,no sauce. Just a little dry rub seasoning.

BUT....if the bbq grill has a rotisserie,I prefer a pork loin wrapped in a bacon basket weave with a brown sugar or honey coating. Can't wait for summer!!
your favorite is pulled pork, with no sauce!!! :thumbsup: awesome!! :agree:

'...pork loin wrapped in a bacon basket weave with brown sugar or honey coating' :thud:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm vegetarian and I don't use barbecue sauce. Last year I brought some vegetarian barbecue that came frozen in a package and it was very good. I have not seen it lately.
you enjoy vegetarian barbecue!!! :clap: most excellent!! :D

i suspect that with some foods, it's the seasoning that 'makes' the taste of it. i made a really very good recipe for sweet & sour cauliflower, i think that was last year, that was very good -- and it was the sweet and sour sauce that 'made' the taste of it (so good). :yummy:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think my favorite is beef brisket particularly burnt ends. I have never seen burnt ends here in Ohio, they are a favorite where I grew up in Kansas and also in Texas. Restaurants always add, Until they Run Out, onto their burnt ends. You have to get there early to be sure of getting those.
beef brisket is your favorite, particularly burnt ends!!! :thumbsup: really very nice!! :)

i had never heard of burnt ends! :paperbag: they sound like they'd be very tasty though!!

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not a big fan of BBQ sauce so I rarely use it. I like barbecued pork, beef ribs and brisket. Especially the burnt ends. Grilling and barbecuing are not the same thing. Grilling is over high heat for short periods of time. Barbecuing is low and slow. What's the Difference Between Barbecuing and Grilling?

If anyone is a fan of barbecue, I highly suggest Malcolm Reed's videos on Youtube. The man is a legend in the world of barbecue. This is one of his recipes that I want to make one of these days.

your favorites are barbecued pork, beef ribs, and brisket -- especially the burnt ends!!! :thumbsup: really awesome!! :)

oh my, but those burnt ends look like they'd taste so good! :agree: and thank you for suggesting Malcom Reed's videos!! :D

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's perfectly-cooked ribs or loose brisket for me. I like a sweet, slightly spicy sauce. Nothing vinegary.

I sure wish you hadn't asked this question. Now I've got to have some 'cue.
perfectly-cooked ribs and loose brisket are your favorites!!! :clap: most excellent!! :D

you know, i've never had brisket......:paperbag: i think i'm going to have to fix that. :agree:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tofu marinated with BBQ sauce and grilled is good! :yummy:
tofu marinated with BBQ sauce and grilled!!! :thumbsup: that sounds really good!! :)

years ago, i read that tofu doesn't marinate well, doesn't absorb the marinade well. may i ask how you marinate the tofu, that works well?

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not a huge fan of barbecue sauce. There aren't a lot of things that go well with it, IMO. I do like BBQ sauce for chicken nuggets. And I suppose it's necessary for a pulled-pork sandwich. But otherwise it's just too sweet and smoky.
you like BBQ sauce with chicken nuggets, and with a pulled pork sandwich!!! :clap: really great!! :D

yes, i agree! i don't find many foods that barbecue sauce goes well with either. :sigh: i did find something to use that extra barbecue sauce with, that actually sounds like it would taste really good. i'm going to mix just a little, just to give it a little barbecue sauce flavoring, in with some cooked chicken, warm it and then have that in small tortillas -- maybe some veggies, or a little cheese shred in with it.

amysuen

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I like pretty much anything that's cooked with BBQ sauce on it. Two of my kids use BBQ sauce instead of ketchup, but I can't stand it "raw" - it has to be cooked for me.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Anything. I'm serious, anything BBQ is decadent to me. We are big pulled pork fans (I like one of Stephen Raichlen's recipes for pulled pork with espresso sauce; it's probably my favorite outdoor pork recipe). But I'll also take a good BBQ brisket any day. And Rick makes the best burgers around; they're "family" famous. During the summer, we'll go for weeks grilling every night. I am a big fan of BBQ chicken, but Rick is not a chicken fan. By BBQ chicken, I don't mean slathered with BBQ sauce; I'm talking about the lemon juice, butter, Worcestershire sauce stuff that I mix up, pour into a bottle and spray onto chicken as it spends a couple of hours on the grill, nice and slow. Rick likes that more than regular BBQ chicken.

Indoors? I love pulled pork done in the crock pot. We also enjoy shredded BBQ beef in sandwiches with lots of potato salad and baked beans.

Rick is a ribs man and will do anything for a couple racks of ribs smoking on the grill. And we both enjoy grilled salmon.

I usually make our BBQ sauces, although we do keep a couple bottles of commercial stuff on hand for emergencies. My BIL prefers store bought sauces for dipping.

And that reminds me, I saw a decadent-looking grilled corned beef that I'm thinking about trying on Saturday for St. Pat's Day. Weather permitting, that is. Honestly, I've never had grilled corned beef and how good could that be?! :yummy:
you love anything BBQ!!! :thumbsup: awesome!! :)

i mentioned earlier in this thread that i've never had brisket...:paperbag:. i've been thinking about making Malcom Reed's burnt ends recipe, except making it in the oven -- basically the same method used for the Indoors Pulled Pork recipe you posted. i think that would turn out quite well. and since i'd be buying the 'whole packer' brisket, which would also include the flat, i'd then locate a good recipe for the flat too. i'm thinking i'll do that this fall, once the weather cools down a bit. :think:

i've never had corned beef either......:dunno: , but grilled corned beef sounds like it would taste really good! i can't imagine i wouldn't like it, if it was grilled.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My favorite BB-Q food was and always will be: My dad's, grilled chicken. It is over a charcoal grill, basted in pure butter at the end.. so good.
No sauce, just plain butter...

And Grilled Kielbasa and hot dogs on the charcoal grill.. I really miss them.
your favorite is your dad's grilled chicken!!! and grilled kielbasa and hot dogs on a charcoal grill! :clap: most excellent!! :D

grilled chicken basted in butter, no sauce! :thud:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My favorite has always been shish kebab, though I enjoy just about any kind of kebab.
shish kabob is your favorite!!! and you enjoy most any kind of kebab! :thumbsup: really very nice!! :)

i really like kebabs too! :yummy: i love when there's also pineapple chunks in them.