Question Of The Day, Sunday, March 11, 2018

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
good afternoon! :wave3:

today i'm in the process of cooking, pork bbq! :yummy: so i've got barbecue on my mind...

for today's Question of the Day --

What is your favorite barbecued food? (for example, pork bbq, chicken cooked with barbecue sauce, and etc)

OR (for those who are vegetarian/vegan) -- What is your favorite way to use barbecue sauce?

i'll start!

i'd have to say it's a tie between pork bbq and grilled chicken with bbq sauce. :yummy: interesting (to me) is that just the aroma of chicken with bbq sauce cooking on the grill is heavenly. :D

i don't use barbecue sauce much. i'll make a bbq sauce to go with the pork bbq, but i rarely buy a bottle of barbecue sauce. that's because i end up needing to find uses for it. :dunno: i did open the one bottle i have yesterday, and used about half of it in and over the top of the meat loaves i baked -- and now i'll be needing to find a use for the rest of it. :think:

okay, now it's your turn!

Kreatorcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Pulled pork,no sauce. Just a little dry rub seasoning.

BUT....if the bbq grill has a rotisserie,I prefer a pork loin wrapped in a bacon basket weave with a brown sugar or honey coating. Can't wait for summer!!

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think my favorite is beef brisket particularly burnt ends. I have never seen burnt ends here in Ohio, they are a favorite where I grew up in Kansas and also in Texas. Restaurants always add, Until they Run Out, onto their burnt ends. You have to get there early to be sure of getting those.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had goat once that was cooked in a pit for 3 days. Does that count as barbecue?
It was awesome.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm not a big fan of BBQ sauce so I rarely use it. I like barbecued pork, beef ribs and brisket. Especially the burnt ends. Grilling and barbecuing are not the same thing. Grilling is over high heat for short periods of time. Barbecuing is low and slow. What's the Difference Between Barbecuing and Grilling?

If anyone is a fan of barbecue, I highly suggest Malcolm Reed's videos on Youtube. The man is a legend in the world of barbecue. This is one of his recipes that I want to make one of these days.

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
It's perfectly-cooked ribs or loose brisket for me. I like a sweet, slightly spicy sauce. Nothing vinegary.

I sure wish you hadn't asked this question. Now I've got to have some 'cue.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not a huge fan of barbecue sauce. There aren't a lot of things that go well with it, IMO. I do like BBQ sauce for chicken nuggets. And I suppose it's necessary for a pulled-pork sandwich. But otherwise it's just too sweet and smoky.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Anything. I'm serious, anything BBQ is decadent to me. We are big pulled pork fans (I like one of Stephen Raichlen's recipes for pulled pork with espresso sauce; it's probably my favorite outdoor pork recipe). But I'll also take a good BBQ brisket any day. And Rick makes the best burgers around; they're "family" famous. During the summer, we'll go for weeks grilling every night. I am a big fan of BBQ chicken, but Rick is not a chicken fan. By BBQ chicken, I don't mean slathered with BBQ sauce; I'm talking about the lemon juice, butter, Worcestershire sauce stuff that I mix up, pour into a bottle and spray onto chicken as it spends a couple of hours on the grill, nice and slow. Rick likes that more than regular BBQ chicken.

Indoors? I love pulled pork done in the crock pot. We also enjoy shredded BBQ beef in sandwiches with lots of potato salad and baked beans.

Rick is a ribs man and will do anything for a couple racks of ribs smoking on the grill. And we both enjoy grilled salmon.

I usually make our BBQ sauces, although we do keep a couple bottles of commercial stuff on hand for emergencies. My BIL prefers store bought sauces for dipping.

And that reminds me, I saw a decadent-looking grilled corned beef that I'm thinking about trying on Saturday for St. Pat's Day. Weather permitting, that is. Honestly, I've never had grilled corned beef and how good could that be?! :yummy:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
My favorite BB-Q food was and always will be: My dad's, grilled chicken. It is over a charcoal grill, basted in pure butter at the end.. so good.
No sauce, just plain butter...

And Grilled Kielbasa and hot dogs on the charcoal grill.. I really miss them.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love BBQ Sauce, especially when it's really thick and caramelized onto whatever. I need to learn how to caramelize. I hate how when you order BBQ wings now, they just throw the sauce on there at the end. It was to be cooked on and caramelized!

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Barbecue wedges or fries are pretty tasty!

And when made really well, barbecue steak.

We also used to make barbecue/grilled corn on the cob in the past. Now that I remember, definitely have to bring that back! Really yummy!