Question Of The Day, Sunday, July 29, 2018

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It depends on what kind of mood I'm in and how much time I have.

A few times a year I set aside a day just for me. And then I spend the day shopping at B/M stores. I look at clothes, shoes/boots, cosmetics. Browse the mall, hit a store and walk around, take a break for lunch, and then continue for the afternoon. I go by myself. And I enjoy the time. I go shopping to buy, not just browse. And it's for me, not Rick, not the house.

My sister and I will sometimes take a day and hit the antique stores. We don't buy much, sometimes we don't buy anything, but it's fun to look.

When we were looking for the bathroom remodel, I spent a lot of time online at various places. I would shop for an hour or two, looking at this site, then that site, bookmarking something I was interested in. I can also buy clothing at JCP online and know that it will fit, so I'm confident to shop there. We no longer have a JCP close to us at all.
you enjoy browsing at B/M stores sometimes, as well as online!!! :thumbsup: very nice!! :)

i love browsing sites, looking at ideas/designs/specific items for home improvements! :cloud9:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like the B&M stores better than shopping online, WalMart, Dollar Tree, Pet Smart, and the grocery stores. The only trouble is I don't get out that often.

For you people that have your groceries delivered at home, is there a charge for that? I have been thinking of having my groceries delivered but I worry that it might be expensive or that they might delivery the wrong products.
you prefer the B&M stores better than shopping online!!! :clap: most excellent!! :D

i don't know much about or have any experience with grocery deliveries from stores, but i know that Walmart now offers order online with free pick up at the store (they'll load the groceries into your vehicle), and in some areas they offer delivery too.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Give me a good 'real' shopping experience any day. A big part of it is the interaction with people. We're losing that. :frown:
you prefer shopping in Brick and Mortar stores!!! :thumbsup: that's great!! :)

i agree! the interaction with people while shopping makes for a great shopping experience!! :agree:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The only store I will browse in is Ulta, yes I am a bit of a product junkie. I tend to go on sprees there which can get expensive. I get really stocked up on makeup and hair products then it will be months before I go back. I refuse to go back until I start running out of things. Other than that I am the type of person that just gets what I need.
you enjoy browsing in Ulta!!! :clap: awesome!! :D

it sounds like that works out well for you, to get stocked up on products and then wait until you start running out of things before going back! :agree:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like Ulta, too, and get my roots retouched there, every five weeks or so. I try to take advantage of their sales, but will also buy a nail polish every once in a while. they can be expensive when stuff is not on sale. Right now, I think I have a little over $150 in points that are burning a hole in my pocket. I don't want to use them, though, because something that I really want might come up.....you never know.

I forgot to mention grocery stores. I love to walk around in grocery stores. When a new grocery opens, I go in and spend a couple of hours, just walking around, looking at various products, checking out prices. A GF used to live in New York (moved to Texas a few years ago) and she was a grocery store junkie, too. I remember when a new store opened in her area, she and I spent pretty much the afternoon checking it out.
and you really enjoy browsing around new grocery stores!! :thumbsup:

i've heard that there might be a Lidl store coming to my area. i'm hoping there will be, because Aldi's could use some good competition! :agree: if we do get one in my area, i'll be going there to check it out!

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've always preferred Brick & Mortar stores. I prefer to be able to see the product up close and inspect it. I've been disappointed too many times with products I have purchased on-line. Plus I still enjoy the shopping experience especially if the store is near a coffee shop. :wink:
you prefer Brick and Mortar stores!!! :clap: excellent!! :D

although i do most of my shopping online, there are still some things that i prefer to shop for in person, at a store.

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
I like to go to stores with tools - Lowe's, Home Depot, Northern Tool and even Harbor Freight if I can make do with something cheap. If I don't watch myself, I can spend some cash! And sometimes I have bought a tool just because I like it, without knowing when I will use it. I bought a pulley puller 25 years ago just because I thought it was such a neat tool! I'm happy to say that when I first used it a year ago, it got that stuck pulley off in less than a minute! :yess:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like to go to stores with tools - Lowe's, Home Depot, Northern Tool and even Harbor Freight if I can make do with something cheap. If I don't watch myself, I can spend some cash! And sometimes I have bought a tool just because I like it, without knowing when I will use it. I bought a pulley puller 25 years ago just because I thought it was such a neat tool! I'm happy to say that when I first used it a year ago, it got that stuck pulley off in less than a minute! :yess:
you enjoy browsing at stores that sell tools!!! :thumbsup: most wonderful!! :)

a ways back, i bought a plumbing 'snake'. i'm talking a decent one, so not inexpensive. i haven't needed it so far, but i figure it's a good thing to have....just in case it's needed. :agree:

rgwanner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I browse thrift stores weekly. There is one that donates to animal rescue groups (including the shelter where I volunteer) so I just consider it a donation. I go into Dollar Tree every week or so to see what they have. I buy a lot of zip-lock bags there - I use them for everything. Also Space bags, condiments, cleaners, etc.etc.etc. I go in Home Goods on my lunch hour - that is really just browsing since they are pricey. I go in Ross and Marshalls. I replaced all the pots on my porch this year for relatively little from them. Tuesday Morning is also fun. I also can browse Home Depot and Ace Hardware

I love to browse Container Store for organizing ideas-I can't afford it but I get ideas and then go to Dollar Tree or HD.

I browse online stores for things that I can't find in B&M stores. I have a 5 year plan to re-do my bath and I have been looking at sinks, faucets, lighting, etc.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I browse thrift stores weekly. There is one that donates to animal rescue groups (including the shelter where I volunteer) so I just consider it a donation. I go into Dollar Tree every week or so to see what they have. I buy a lot of zip-lock bags there - I use them for everything. Also Space bags, condiments, cleaners, etc.etc.etc. I go in Home Goods on my lunch hour - that is really just browsing since they are pricey. I go in Ross and Marshalls. I replaced all the pots on my porch this year for relatively little from them. Tuesday Morning is also fun. I also can browse Home Depot and Ace Hardware

I love to browse Container Store for organizing ideas-I can't afford it but I get ideas and then go to Dollar Tree or HD.

I browse online stores for things that I can't find in B&M stores. I have a 5 year plan to re-do my bath and I have been looking at sinks, faucets, lighting, etc.
you enjoy browsing at quite a few B&M stores, and browse online stores for things you can't find at B&M stores!!! :clap: that's great!! :D

i really like that idea, to browse Container Store for organizing ideas, and then go to Home Depot to purchase the supplies to build them yourself. :agree: