Question of the Day, Sunday, January 17, 2016

dennis47

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

I don't know of any theater around here that will let you bring in your own food and drinks. There are signs and staff watching.
True, but I would bet even money that many of us have done this at one time or another. You shouldn't have to take out a second mortgage just to have a snack. Bad enough that the tickets themselves cost as much as they do...

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I always bring my own snacks and drink. I can't afford the ridiculous concession prices.

It's never been a problem, I wait until the whole room is dark, though to break out anything.

Last edited:

dennis47

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I bring my own food in for two reasons--1). I do not feel like paying $10 or do for soda, popcorn and candy at the conssession stand, and 2). it's my way of being rebellious. I've brought in McDonald's Quarter Pounders, KFC, and Long John Silver's at various times.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I watched Pride and Prejudice this weekend.  The Kiera Knightly version.  

I'm not a big movie person; especially in movie theaters.  I like the freedom to be able to get up and move around or fast forward a part I don't like.  Or to discuss the movie as we are watching it.  I prefer my movies clean; so that cuts out a lot of what i'd watch anyway.  
i haven't seen the version with Kiera Knightly in it. now i think i'll look into this movie!