Question of the Day, Sunday, January 17, 2016

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise

On New Year's Eve, we watched a couple movies through On Demand:

San Andreas Fault (Dwayne Johnson) - Not bad at all
Pay the Ghost (Nicholas Cage) - Rather strange
Ricki and the Flash (Meryl Streep) - What I saw of it was more than a little weird. Not impressed. And I kept falling asleep throughout.
 San Andreas Fault sounds like a good movie!  :nod:   i love disaster movies.
Me too! I saw that movie in the theater, my first time at that particular theater. Got to pick my seat and it was a recliner. Disaster movies are the best.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Penelope.

It was on the tely, there wasn't much else on at the time, and was just chilling and relaxing with my dindin on the futon. 

I liked it, it has some hiccups here and there that I could critique about, but it offered some charm. 
that sounds like an interesting movie! 
   i enjoy watching 'light' movies sometimes, and Penelope sounds like a good one.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I watched Marco Polo, the first three episodes, on DVD from Netflix. I didn't like it. It was hard to understand the dialogue, and with all the Mongol and Chinese names thrown in, it was hard to follow the characters. Frankly, I'm not that interested in Mongolian history, either; I thought it was about Marco Polo. I canceled the remaining two discs and will return the two I have.
i read reviews online for Marco Polo, and that's what others were saying -- that it's hard to follow.  

i would be interested in seeing a movie or a series actually about Marco Polo. 

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I started watching The Ridiculous 6 last night on Netflix. It is indeed ridiculous.
thank you! i had seen The Ridiculous 6 movie listed on netflix, but hadn't even looked at the info about it yet. now i won't waste my time on that movie! 

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise

ahhh, one of my favorite movies!  
  i love old movies, and i think being in black and white can many times add to the viewing experience.

yes, i agree!
I love old movies...in fact, I have the the "Ghost and Mrs Muir" dvd. I love Turner Classics. I almost watched that last night.....

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

The Good Dinosaur was the last movie I saw at the movies. I liked it!

Hotel Translyvania 2 was the last movie I saw at home last night actually. I loved it!

I saw a lot of movies at the movies this year....

Max, Inside Out, Goosebumps, Pitch Perfect 2, Pan, Cinderella and The Divergent Series Insurgent.

All of them were good, except Pan was predictable. And then I went opening weekend to see Cinderella I had to wait an hour in line never going on an opening weekend again but it was so worth it!

The movies I am planning on seeing are Allegiant (part of the Divergent Series) in March and The Secret Life of Pets in June.
Wow! you've seen a lot of movies this year! 

both The Good Dinosaur and Hotel Transylvania 2 sound good!  
  i'll have to see if i can find them through my streaming options.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Me too! I saw that movie in the theater, my first time at that particular theater. Got to pick my seat and it was a recliner. Disaster movies are the best.
i'm a big fan of disaster movies! i remember watching The Towering Inferno, The Poseidon Adventure, Earthquake -- all great disaster movies! and a while back i think it was the sci-fi channel would have disaster movie all-day marathons sometimes. i enjoyed the weather-related disaster movies they showed sometimes too.

dennis47

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I recently saw Ted 2. Just as vulgar and at the same time, just as sweet as the first one. I know it was out a while back, but I just ain't a big movie watcher.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I love old movies...in fact, I have the the "Ghost and Mrs Muir" dvd. I love Turner Classics. I almost watched that last night.....
i love TCM too! 

i stream tv shows and movies, etc. i looked into streaming TCM, and was quite willing to pay for a subscription for it, but TCM only offers streaming to people who have cable or satellite tv services. oh well...so i found four websites (really cool ones) that offer old movies to stream for free. the coolest one is Internet Archive -- https://archive.org/about/

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes! Those natural disaster ones are absolutely the best. And I loved the movie "Twister". I wish 3-D had been the norm back when that one was out.
hmmm...the movie with Helen Hunt in it? i saw that one -- really good movie!

did you see the movie Ice Twisters? and there was one really really cool tv movie about an earthquake where at the end a strip of the California coast became separated, with part of the ocean between it and the rest of California. i want to say that was MegaFault, but can't be sure.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I recently saw Ted 2. Just as vulgar and at the same time, just as sweet as the first one. I know it was out a while back, but I just ain't a big movie watcher.
hmmm...i did see either Ted or Ted 2. if they're available via any of my streaming options, i'll check them out!