Question of the Day, Sunday, February 28, 2016

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Best ever. Seriously. My orthopedist recommends running over walking sneakers because they are more flexible, and usually have a wider toe box.  They are also very stable.  A lot of money for the ones I purchased, but they last me well over a year and I don't spend much on shoes anyway.  And my feet feel a lot better too. 
Running shoes are WAY better than walking shoes. They are also more lightweight and have more cushioning in the soles to absorb the impact from running. If you like Nike running shoes, Kohl's has good prices on them. That's where I get mine from. Sometimes I get women's and sometimes I get men's in a smaller size if they don't have the size and color I want in women's. the styles are usually the same. 

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Running shoes are WAY better than walking shoes. They are also more lightweight and have more cushioning in the soles to absorb the impact from running. If you like Nike running shoes, Kohl's has good prices on them. That's where I get mine from. Sometimes I get women's and sometimes I get men's in a smaller size if they don't have the size and color I want in women's. the styles are usually the same. 
I like Nike but my orthopedist gave me a list of brands which he felt would help me best. Nike, not being one.

However, everything you wrote is spot on!  Good advice for others who have crummy feet LOL

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

My original 6 dining room chairs - black leather - were ruined by my cats. Every couple of years I buy 2 new ones (not leather - best plastic - but no-one notices except me) and I throw out the worst pair.

My last purchase of 2 new ones at the end of last year created a problem - there was only one in such a bad condition that it had to go! I now have 7 chairs and guess which ones the cats love to play on!

The 2 newest of course!
that's a great way to handle buying/replacing those dining room chairs! 

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

A new battery for the car 

A new kettle.

A new water bowl for Morgana.

Also got new leather ballet slippers, since the old ones developed some holes. Mmm...I'm sure there are more things! Just can't think of them right now.

uggghhh......a new car battery usually means the car wouldn't start. not fun! 

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

The baby scale that I weight Artie on... it went loo-loo crazy.. The first month it was very accurate. Then when you dealt with a wiggle worm like Artie, it was off a few ounces. It was accurate on stable items. 

Changed the battery 3 times. Now, with a new battery; it jumps around all over the place and will not settle in. When it does happen to do so, it is possessed....so out it goes...sigh...money does not grow on my balcony....
i like that phrase! 

i think i can identify with that! i was not pleased to be buying a new printer either. however, i did my research and ended up buying one for $49. not a 'top of the line' or newest model printer, but an HP and will do what i need it to.

i did take some care in setting up the new printer. i have extra plastic storage bins with lids, so used one of those to 'house' the new printer. i just taped some scrap cardboard pieces along one end of the lid, flipped the whole bin over, then set the printer in on the upside-down lid with the cables exiting the bin between those cardboard pieces -- so the cables won't get scrinched when the kittens climb onto the upside down bin/printer 'house'. the girls are liking to lay on top of that now.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

haven't had to buy anything new recently other than a cell phone case. the old one broke and got another one on Amazon. I want to replace my worn out truck..but I havent found anything worth the money yet...I will have to think about this question...last winter we had a whole bunch items in the house that died...
well worth the money, for a case to protect your cell phone! 

i think it can be quite hard, replacing larger/more expensive items -- like a truck. my two most recent big items that i replaced were my computer and my wood stove.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I actually just replaced my printer.  It still worked but it was a Kodak printer and I could no longer get ink for it.  I actually had purchased it several years ago when I was in school and I had chosen it because Kodak had the cheapest ink.  They have real cheap  ink cartridges now.  It's getting close to time to do taxes and I still like to print out a hard copy for my for my own files so I bought a new printer.  I got an HP Envy.
years ago for my first computer, i bought a Kodak printer -- like you, inexpensive ink cartridges was part of the reason. the printer didn't function with my computer, i was told it had to do with the clock speed of my computer...???

i looked at the HP Envy printer, but ended up buying the HP 2130 printer -- it prints, copies, and scans. the price ($49) as well as the reviews had a bearing on my choice. i also looked at brother, canon, and lexmark printers -- and the ink cartridges for them.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

All my litter boxes! I can't believe I didn't do it years ago, I got two that look like end tables (85.00 on Amazon) and I absolutely love them! They look like a piece of furniture now, not those plastic domed litter boxes that I've had for years.  But of course then I had to buy two high sided boxes to fit inside because my cats are digging for gold when inside and scatter litter all over the sides of a normal box, and I have one that likes to stand to pee too, so I need the high sides. But now I have something that looks nice with plants on top of one and pictures on top the other. I highly recommend them!
oh, those new litter boxes sound very nice!

i just finished fashioning new litter boxes here. i made the kind using big plastic storage bins with lids. i made 4 of them, with a litter pan in each one -- 3 for our two girls, and one for jaspurr. our jaspurr prefers his open top litter box, which i fashioned out of a very large plastic storage bin (i wanna say it's 115 gallon sized) and made an entry for it along one side, but he has a 'spare' now too -- and the girls just use whichever litter box is closest to them when 'the urge' hits.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I actually fell in love with the 30-gallon-bin the Cat Whisperer at my vet's office helped fashion into a litter box. My cats love it too! When I replace my other litter boxes, I'm getting more bins, although perhaps a tad smaller as I don't think two 30-gallon bins would fit in the area they are at.
i was just saying (above) that i'd just finished making the 3rd and 4th of our plastic storage bin litter boxes! i ordered my 22 gallon bins from walmart, site to store. i bought a 6 count package of them, at a great price. i use inexpensive litter pans inside them, and have extra pans so i can easily switch them out when doing a complete change/wash out of the litter boxes. i'm finding that it's so easy to do the daily scooping now, and so much less litter is getting kicked out onto the floors too! 

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

My camera.  It isn't actually replaced yet, but one of our wonderful, beautiful, precious members is sending me a camera that they no longer use!  I'm so thrilled!  I thought it would be several months until I could save enough to get even a very basic one, which is all I need.
great!  
     i hope this means some pics of your beautiful Hekitty will be coming soon (hint hint)...?

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

The charging cable for my phone.   It was infuriating because it was actually a replacement of the replacement - the first replacement failed within a couple of weeks.  I ended up having to pay extra for overnight shipping so I wouldn't find myself without a phone.  

Along the same lines, my new toaster of 6 months has completely died and needs to be replaced as well.

Phooey.  
wow! that would be very annoying to me, both the charging cable and the toaster! 

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I had to buy a replacement dirt collector for the Roomba vacuum.  The bin would come loose and fall off of the vacuum but the vacuum would keep merrily spinning down the hall, picking up dirt and dust and spewing it out the back because there was no bin in place to collect it!  
oh my! i can't help but laugh, just picturing in my mind your Roomba vacuum doing that! 

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Cat-proof fence is almost back to normal now. The kitties are just going to have to get used to the idea that they don't have the whole forest to roam around any more.

EDIT. Just as I posted this I looked up to see Carpet trotting off down the lane going, "I has escaped! I has escaped!"

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm now off to drop our Civic at the mechanics for an oil change and a TPMS light that won't turn off.  Hope it's a cheap fix.  The van needs to go in too.

The microwave that needs replacing will just have to wait.
i don't know...mechanics can be quite expensive. 

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Best ever. Seriously. My orthopedist recommends running over walking sneakers because they are more flexible, and usually have a wider toe box.  They are also very stable.  A lot of money for the ones I purchased, but they last me well over a year and I don't spend much on shoes anyway.  And my feet feel a lot better too. 
they sound well worth the money to me!