Question of the Day, Sunday, February 12, 2017

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

that's most excellent, that you're retired!

netflix is great! no commercials on netflix either!!!

i switch between hulu, netflix, and amazon instant video (i have Prime membership). there are some tv shows and movies that each service has that the others do not have, so i put one on 'hold' for a month or more and then 'un-hold' the other -- for netflix and hulu. amazon instant video is available all the time for me, with my Prime membership, and sometimes i'll put both of the others on hold and just watch amazon instant video for a while. more variety for me.
I can't wait to get netflix. There are so many old shows that I would like to watch from start to finish. 

I have cable and it is so expensive and they just keep showing the same thing over and over again. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I can't wait to get netflix. There are so many old shows that I would like to watch from start to finish. 

I have cable and it is so expensive and they just keep showing the same thing over and over again. 
i think you'll love netflix! there are just so very many tv shows and movies of all types available to watch there. something to note is that new episodes of tv shows usually appear on netflix (on hulu too) a day after the episode airs on regular tv/cable.

when you're ready to start with netflix, they do offer a free month as trial. you'll see 'Join free for a month' in a red rectangle on the website.

my opinion is that the cable companies are still dreaming of the days where they had a mass of subscribers, and haven't been able to wake up to the reality of the better options available that many/most of their subscribers defected from them for.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I spent last last Tuesday at home but ended up doing paperwork most of the day.  The next day off I'll have to start working on my taxes. 
i can understand that!!! 
  there are always things that need doing, and so most times when i come across some free time i'll go ahead and get more things done and off of my mind. my next thing that needs doing that i'l fit in somewhere will probably be making some icebox cookies dough, forming it into logs, then freezing it.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I'm a Homeschooling Stay-at-home-Mom.  I never leave work.  BUT the Friday before last my Mom picked my kids up after we finished school for the day and instead of cleaning I grabbed my kindle and kindle fire and climbed in bed with the TV remote and didn't get up except to take a long hot shower.  I spent a lot of January in bed; but feeling crummy.  This was all about relaxing. It was quiet and It felt amazing!  
oh wow!!! that does sound totally amazing! 

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I get 3 out of every 4 Fridays off.

I usually spend a good part of the day cleaning. I like things neat. The cats like things covered in cat hair, muddy paw prints and and pine needles. I'm outnumbered 22 to 1. Yeah, I spend a lot of time cleaning.

I do yoga almost every day and go for long walks when it's above zero outside. I'm also supposed to be finding the time to study Japanese every day, but I keep coming up with creative excuses not to do it.

This week's excuse is I'm practicing yoga from videos in Japanese, so that't the same as studying, right?

that sounds very nice indeed!!! 

cleaning and tidying -- they're never ending chores. 
   i like things neat here too, so will spend time daily keeping them that way.

very creative excuse there!