Question of the Day, Sunday December 3rd

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Yes!

The town I used to live in about 15 years ago had an abandoned, semi derelict zoo situated on a hillside over looking the town. It was beautiful, lots of 1950's architecture all over-grown with vines and a colony of semi feral cats living there. I didn't go inside any of the buildings, but just walking around the place was very interesting.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Norachan Norachan that sounds fascinating! I was told there was a roadside zoo around near my area that closed down years ago and they turned the animals loose. I doubt it's true, as someone would have noticed a lion roaming around by now. But I would have loved to explore your zoo.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Absolutely! I follow a photographer on Instagram who takes some amazing photos of abandoned places in the US and abroad. He was in France a while back and photographed several Chateaus that were just amazing! I always want to look at the books and photographs. Sometimes they look like Grandma and Grandpa should walk into the room at any minute and you could curl up and take a good nap. Some are much more eerie.

We had a historic house here that wasn't technically abandoned. The man who owned the land was living in a trailer behind this gorgeous 3 story brick house because termites had gotten to it. A costal storm took out the brick exterior a few years ago and it was demolished. So sad! That was his family's history too. It just got to be too much.