Question of the Day, Sunday December 3rd

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Of course! I have always been interested in abandoned properties, especially those in the country, that are half fallen down. we still go through my husband's grandparents' house in the country out of town. He explains his memories of each room. I love to imagine what it was like living in them so long ago, what their lives were like, what happened to make the house empty. Mostly sad feelings. i guess i have never let a thing like laws of trespassing, getting hurt, etc. get in the way, i still explore them once in a while!

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Absolutely! I watch abandoned Exploration videos, and some of them are incredibly fascinating and spooky.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Absolutely, I did this as a kid...and to be honest, if the opportunity presented itself now, I would probably still do it!...well...if I thought I wouldn't get caught, :) :devilish::tongue:!

bobkater

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Seems I'll go against the trend.
Being a hypothetical question, it has no real answer, but my logic says there's a reason they were abandoned. Furthermore, assuming they're safe is...unsafe. All sorts of humans or animals could be hiding there.
So, no, there are better places to visit.
Curiosity killed the cat? A saying I don't like but would follow the advice of.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
One of my favorite things is a coffee table book of abandoned places. DH bought it for me. It's fascinating.

Mia6 Mia6 I did have a spooky experience once. This house was legal for us to be in, as it was in my friend's family. It was also structurally sound, so I guess it was safe enough.

This was an old country farm house, with long halls framing a stairwell. In the car on the way to the house, my friend said that his aunt had gotten up in the middle of the night while they lived there and saw a dog run down the hallway and jump out of a second story window.

When we walked up to the house and he opened the door to the screened in porch, there was a dog sitting there. I screamed, the dog started barking and growling at me, I ran back to the car and started hyperventilating, leading to a full blown asthma attack. It took a bit for my friend to calm me down. He showed me a bag of dog food on the porch and bowls of food and water. It was no ghost dog, someone was feeding it there.

So bobkater bobkater point taken. Nowhere is there guaranteed safety. :paranoid:

Last edited by a moderator:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I would love to explore abandoned castles. As a kid we played and explored in vacant lots with overgrown grass but a castle was always my dream come true. 🏰

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my yes!We used to do it quite a bit when we were kids,never really giving safety or legality a thought.I love old houses and barns and there were quite a few in and around where I grew up,including an abandoned estate on the riverbank.What a place!My Mom loved doing this as well.I can remember several times she'd have me with her tromping thru the woods,our doxie Fitzie in tow.Great memories!

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Another one not remotely interested. I’m not into exploring or clambering around places like that, even if I was physically capable of it, which these days I’m not, and find abandoned places depressing.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I had to look up Tim Horton's. I would like to go there, too.