Question Of The Day, Sunday, December 24, 2017

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I previously stated I did not really buy too much ahead. Turns out, my Guardian Angel told me to pick up four bags of ice melt and she/he told me this right before all the stores ran out around here. :) It got me out of a mess yesterday when I got stuck in my driveway. :angel: Glad I bought ahead enough cat food, also!:runningcat:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
do you have an appliance electrical outlet in your dining room
The teeny one I'm looking at doesn't require 220. A 110 is fine. Speaking of 220...My ex (and this sort of thing is why he's an ex), once told me that when I turned 40, he was going to swap me for 2-20s. I told him he wasn't wired for 220 and would blow his circuits in 15 seconds flat.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The teeny one I'm looking at doesn't require 220. A 110 is fine. Speaking of 220...My ex (and this sort of thing is why he's an ex), once told me that when I turned 40, he was going to swap me for 2-20s. I told him he wasn't wired for 220 and would blow his circuits in 15 seconds flat.
that's great!!! :thumbsup:

yesssss!! :crackup: really a most excellent come-back! :agree:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oops. If that's true I'm not doing it right at all :paperbag:. Except for the dryer (they have those fancy plugs so you can't use a regular outlet), everything is plugged into the same outlets as everything else, no separate circuits. Well, no problems yet. . .
my understanding is that there are at least two ways that more than one appliance using a circuit can develop problems. if both appliances are used or cycle on at the same time, that can overload the circuit. and what happened with my refrigerator and microwave on the same circuit, which was that the overload over time causes the electrical wire where it connects to the circuit breaker to gradually become thinner and thinner, until it simply breaks/disconnects.

but i'm not knowledgeable about electrical things, just pick up info here and there. :dunno: