Question of the Day: Sunday, August 28

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi everybody - how time is flying by. Sorry I'm so late.

This morning, I picked up a craft catalogue (🖌🎨) to read while the man I was visiting at the carehome slept. It was full of ideas for Christmas !(🎄🎅 :gift:) and here am I, still hoping for a week or 2 of summer, when the temperatures and humidity are not quite so high and I will be able to sit outside.

Next week will be a busy one for me and .......... although there will be at least one happy event, I will be glad when it is over. The cats will also have to spend more time on their own so we're all looking forward to one week from now! But, that's no way to go through life, is it!

What are you looking forward to? Christmas, a holiday, meeting up with old friends, end of school, retirement, final examinations, wedding....?
Thinking positive, and having no illusions about the week after next being any better than next week, I am looking forward to meeting up with an ex-colleague who became my boss shortly before I retired. She is now retiring herself and we haven't seen each other since before Covid-19 put a stop to almost everything.

So I may have no big events coming up, but I am looking forward to seeing her again.

And, what about you?

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
looking forward to getting this lung biopsy done and out of the way to get the results of it so i can quit living with all this what if it is what if its not cancer nonsense. i have better things to do than waste time that way and much prefer a direction to go forward in my life along with how i will spend it

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have a friends wedding to go to in the fall, we'll see friends we haven't seen in years. I'm not one for fussing with this normally...but I'm looking forward to getting all dressed up for it too.
When I can finally say..."I'm done" with my big clean up of the house...I'm getting there.
I've already started thinking about it...Christmas and my baking. I always try to start my baking in the beginning of October so I have to start planning and watching for sales on baking ingredients.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
looking forward to getting this lung biopsy done and out of the way to get the results of it so i can quit living with all this what if it is what if its not cancer nonsense. i have better things to do than waste time that way and much prefer a direction to go forward in my life along with how i will spend it
I am sure. Hopefully soon!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have a birthday coming. Normally I just want dinner with DH, our kids, my mom and stepdad. Sometimes my mom and the kids cook. But this year I’m hoping to something a little nicer. Still low-key; just nicer to mark this one. Theres a little touristy town not too far away with fun shops. DH won’t want to browse but mom and I could make a nice day of it because she’s retired now. DD would probably enjoy it but DS… :lol:

I would choose this seafood buffet place that we loved for things like this; but it closed.:bawling:

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I’m looking forward to the funding for my mother’s homecare package being increased, so I can get some respite days when I don’t have to hurry home (and even get someone in to do the vacuuming). The increased level has been approved but it takes months for the funding to actually increase. What’s the odds it wont arrive till the end of the year when it’ll be too hot to want to go anywhere? 🥵

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
fall , changing of the leaves color , caramel apples from the grocery store and halloween time !:bigeyes:🎃🧙‍♀️
Oh, I forgot about caramel apples! A local store sells ones made by a candy factory and they are insanely good. Can’t eat a whole one but I do dole it out over a couple days. So, so good!