Question Of The Day, Sunday, August 27, 2017

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
good morning! :hellocomputer:

today's Question comes from what i'd call my idle curiosity......

Let's say you're going grocery shopping, and plan to buy some food item as a treat for yourself. What would you buy?

i'll start!

for me, i think it would be either a few asiago cheese bialy's, or a chunk of really nice cheese -- the kind from the cheese section (ie, $$$). :yummy:

How about you?

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm really exited about buying salad stuff next week. But, I'll probably throw in a slice of chocolate cheesecake also. Maybe some cheddar cheese rice poppers (mini rice cakes). I'm not on a diet, I just happen to love these things.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
good morning! :hellocomputer:

today's Question comes from what i'd call my idle curiosity......

Let's say you're going grocery shopping, and plan to buy some food item as a treat for yourself. What would you buy?

i'll start!

for me, i think it would be either a few asiago cheese bialy's, or a chunk of really nice cheese -- the kind from the cheese section (ie, $$$). :yummy:

How about you?
I had to google bialy's to see what they were. They do look good. I love any kind of bread.

I would get some good Italian or Greek olives and some good cheese.

Muffin

I

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
The word "treat" translates to "chocolate" for me, so I'd buy something chocolate-y. In fact, just the other day, I treated myself a tiny package of the 2-bite brownies.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would buy lots of different kinds of apples. I bought two to try yesterday at Wal Mart. They are called Ambrosia. I cut one with our lunch. Wonderful. I love fall and all kinds of apples. I also bought a bag of Gala apples at the grocery on Friday. They were buy the apples and get a free jar of Jif peanut butter. I love peanut butter. That is another whole discussion. ;) I will cook them and make applesauce. I have also tried Envy, Pink Lady and numerous other kinds. I just love apples.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Something I would not normally be able to afford on a regular basis. I love a good standing rib roast, but try finding a restaurant that will do it exactly the way you want it. We can't. Some of you may remember that, back in January for my birthday, I did my own birthday dinner. And I made a standing rib roast the way I wanted it and complete with the Yorkshire pudding. It was decadently delicious.

This is something that we don't enjoy that often, so it was a real treat, not just for me, but for Rick, too.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I love desserts so if I had a little extra to spend it would be on something with chocolate and/or coffee flavor in it, e.g. tiramisu, flourless chocolate cake with coffee mousse, scone or biscotti.

Last edited:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
It depends what kind of mood I'm in.

I might go for some inari zushi, a kind of fried tofu sushi, or treat myself to some of the really good imported coffee.

Lately they have these huge pink grapefruits in my local supermarket. They're so good!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm really exited about buying salad stuff next week. But, I'll probably throw in a slice of chocolate cheesecake also. Maybe some cheddar cheese rice poppers (mini rice cakes). I'm not on a diet, I just happen to love these things.
salad stuff!! :yummy: always very nice!

chocolate cheesecake and some cheddar cheese rice poppers!!! :thumbsup: sounds great!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had to google bialy's to see what they were. They do look good. I love any kind of bread.

I would get some good Italian or Greek olives and some good cheese.

Muffin

I
yes, bialy's are so very tasty! :agree:

mmmm......Italian or Greek olives!!! and some good cheese! :clap: most excellent!!

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm still sticking with apples as I said before. When this time of year comes, I always want apples, lots of them. I love to cook them for applesauce too, and apple pie, and apple cobbler. I just love apples.