Question Of The Day, Sunday, April 29, 2018

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, one loves sitting on the chest freezer that's near the entry door. If she hears us outside that door in the hallway, she screams like she's dying, so we rush over, fling the door open, and she peeps her "oh hai" meow. I think we've been had.
One of our guys loves sleeping on any clothes pile. Clean clothes preferred as dirty clothes are undignified. So many cat hairs on my clean clothes because I'm completely lazy and don't fold laundry in time.
At Christmas I was gifted one of those amazingly super soft micro-fiber fleece blankets. I declared this blanket would be different. Cats wouldn't allowed near it because having one hair-free blanket would be amazing.
That lasted 2 days, and this cat goes wherever the blanket goes. If I put it on the roof, she'd be there.
your cat's favorites are the chest freezer near the entry door, on any clothes pile (clean clothes only!!), and your micro-fiber fleece blanket!!! :thumbsup: really awesome!! :)

ahhh, yes! those micro-fiber fleece blankets are a favorite with my three cats too! :agree:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Buddy and Muffin used to like to sleep in the bedroom window, Roger on top of the kitchen cabinet and Baxter underneath a cheap blanket I used to have.
the bedroom window, on top of the kitchen cabinet, and underneath a particular blanket!!! :clap: great!! :D

One time Baxter was sleeping under his rug and his brother Roger came up and smacked the lump in the rug. Baxer jumped up and gave me a hurt look like he was wondering why I smacked him. Ever since them I always stayed away from any lumps in his rug. I really miss my cats. They were such sweathearts. hears.
sending you :hugs: 's......

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Speedy has a small felt rug, about 5ft by 4ft. Often, she will go to be alone under the rug and just lie there for the longest time! I have put this rug off-limits for me to step on, I do not allow myself upon it, because the rug is dark blue (like in my avatar) and I don't want to chance hurting her! I like to pick up the corner sometimes and ask her if she's thinking about things. Then I put the corner back down.
your Speedy's favorite unusual place is under her small felt rug!!! :thumbsup: really very nice!! :)

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
your cat's favorites are the chest freezer near the entry door, on any clothes pile (clean clothes only!!), and your micro-fiber fleece blanket!!! :thumbsup: really awesome!! :)

ahhh, yes! those micro-fiber fleece blankets are a favorite with my three cats too! :agree:
They have a few of their own, but they're older and probably not as cozy! When I got that brand new fuzzy wuzzy one, they all gravitated to it. Now it's our winter time cuddle-on-the-couch-in-front-of-the-fireplace-with-a-good-book co-blanket =D

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I wish I could find it! Mollipop has found a place in the house where she can completely disappear. We have no idea where her hidey-hole is. When I count heads and can't find her, I used to panic. Now I just call her and she shows up. We've even tried to find her and can't. One morning, I was calling and calling. Rick and I walked all over the house. Suddenly, she chirped....and there she was. When (if?) I ever figure out where that girl goes, I'll let you know. But she's eight years old now and I haven't figured it out yet.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They have a few of their own, but they're older and probably not as cozy! When I got that brand new fuzzy wuzzy one, they all gravitated to it. Now it's our winter time cuddle-on-the-couch-in-front-of-the-fireplace-with-a-good-book co-blanket =D
that sounds wonderful!! :cloud9:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wish I could find it! Mollipop has found a place in the house where she can completely disappear. We have no idea where her hidey-hole is. When I count heads and can't find her, I used to panic. Now I just call her and she shows up. We've even tried to find her and can't. One morning, I was calling and calling. Rick and I walked all over the house. Suddenly, she chirped....and there she was. When (if?) I ever figure out where that girl goes, I'll let you know. But she's eight years old now and I haven't figured it out yet.
your Mollipop's favorite unusual place is as yet unknown!!! :alright: i can totally understand how you must feel when you can't find your girl!! :eek:

i 'count heads' too! :agree:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Camelot used to love to sleep in the oven - the last time I caught him napping on a pie in there.

And Morgana enjoyed going into the fireplace.

Which of course sounds awful on my part! :sweat: :doh: :lol: Can only imagine how the SPCA and rescues would react to that! Ovens and fireplaces. Yup, sounds totally dandy.

In context it makes sense of course, as they achieve a level of cozy warmness in there when the main heat tapers off.

But I have been absolutely diligent about making sure they don't go back in there and triple checking ahead of time prior to any preparation (Because mommy is paranoid)

Otherwise, everyone is in relatively normal places, aside from the top of my head at night and Meadow does like the bathroom in the winter on account of a nice heater in there, where she sits on top of a seat nearby and enjoys the travelling warmth.
your Morgana enjoyed snuggling in the fireplace (when the main heat had tapered off) :headshake:, Camelot loved to sleep in the oven (again, after it had been turned off, but was still warm) :nono:, and your Meadow enjoys the travelling warmth from the bathroom heater :clap: !!! oh my!! they sound like they're definitely 'heat seekers'!! :D

i always say that our DeeDee and myself are heat seekers. we just soak up as much warmth as we can get, while our Dude and Punky sometimes relocate themselves to other rooms because it's too warm for them.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will try to catch them in the act a take a picture for you. Missy will be easier the Duster. Duster is sly and shy! Maybe that is why she likes the drawer. The first time she hid there I had been looking everywhere for her. I was really concerned. Then I happened to look in the cabinet and caught a glimpse of a fluffy tail draped out of the back of the drawer. It took me a minute to realize what I was seeing. I couldn't believe she had squeezed in there. Fearing something like a squished kitty, I opened the drawer very carefully and slowly. Out popped this little fluffy face with an expression that let me know I had just invaded her space! I was still grinning as I pushed the drawer back in and left her to her secret spot. Maybe she will let me take a picture, but no guarantees!

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will try to catch them in the act a take a picture for you. Missy will be easier the Duster. Duster is sly and shy! Maybe that is why she likes the drawer. The first time she hid there I had been looking everywhere for her. I was really concerned. Then I happened to look in the cabinet and caught a glimpse of a fluffy tail draped out of the back of the drawer. It took me a minute to realize what I was seeing. I couldn't believe she had squeezed in there. Fearing something like a squished kitty, I opened the drawer very carefully and slowly. Out popped this little fluffy face with an expression that let me know I had just invaded her space! I was still grinning as I pushed the drawer back in and left her to her secret spot. Maybe she will let me take a picture, but no guarantees!
thank you! if you're able to 'catch them in the act', that would be great! :agree:

i can't count the number of times i've come across my cats doing things or sleeping in very cute positions, and haven't been able to get a photo of them. some of my favorites are our Dude and DeeDee sleeping curled up together. they're just so sweet when they snuggle together! :cloud9:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
IMG_7411.JPG
For now I will post a pic of Silver who decided a good place to escape her nagging kittens was inside the wall by my hot water heater. I had to cut the opening larger to get her out. Note the extra space cut to accommodate her ears! Also note the happy and peaceful look on her face. Lol I hope this gives you a giggle.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
View attachment 230152 For now I will post a pic of Silver who decided a good place to escape her nagging kittens was inside the wall by my hot water heater. I had to cut the opening larger to get her out. Note the extra space cut to accommodate her ears! Also note the happy and peaceful look on her face. Lol I hope this gives you a giggle.
:lol: awww...your Silver does look very happy and peaceful there!! :hearthrob: may i ask -- how old are her kittens now?

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
IMG_4392.JPG
IMG_4906.JPG
Silver had her babies the first of November 2017. They challenged her patience but she was a great Mom. Her babies did some hilarious stuff and found their own hiding places. I will show you. Another giggle or three I hope! Mom has to look for and retrieve her children often.