Question Of The Day, Sunday, April 29, 2018

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
good afternoon! :wave3:

earlier today i was working around the house, tidying and organizing, and happened to open the linen/clothing and pantry 'closet'. our little DeeDee flew down the stairs from the second floor and zoomed into the closet. :dancingblackcat: that closet is one of her very favorite places! i don't usually let her into it, as i don't want to accidentally close her in it or have her decide to have a party, burrowing under the clothing and linens that i have in there, neatly folded and stacked. :nono:

so for today's Question of the Day......

What is your cat(s)'s favorite unusual place in your home?

i'll start!

for our DeeDee, the linen/clothing and pantry closet is her favorite place. although, she also really loves laying on top of the dryer -- the dryer is stacked on the washing machine, they're a stackable pair. i keep a thick soft towel laid out on top of the dryer, specifically for DeeDee. :redheartpump:

with our Punky, she'll sometimes negotiate access to one of the big cardboard boxes that i have stored in the upstairs hallway, and snuggle in for a nap. :catlove: those boxes contain some as yet unused pieces of cat wall furniture. ;)

our Dude sticks to more common places that kitties enjoy. he loves looking out the windows, waiting to catch sight of various critters! lately though, he's been interested in the top of the dryer, and has jumped up there several times. :cutecat:

okay, now it's your turn!

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The washing basket and the bin lid are both places the boys enjoy sitting on. Toffee also really likes sitting on the top of the radio and they often sit inside the DVD box when they're scared (usually only when newcomers arrive).

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lately (since I broke my right wrist) I've added a pillow to my bed so that I can keep the wrist and hand elevated at night (i.e. slightly above heart level) to try to reduce the swelling in the hand. However, you know cats: "If it fits, I sits," and I've been having to actively fight Jasmine for access to my arm pillow at night. :sigh: :cloudy:

I think I'll have to switch to a large teddy bear.

Margret

Last edited:

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know if it's unusual, but Cricket is addicted to jeans, and even better if I've just taken them off. She'll first sniff them, roll around on them, and it's just heaven to be petted while she's on them. Once I've been able to extricate myself from the petting session, she'll stretch out and take a nap.

Swanie likes the clothes basket, or shoes are very popular as well. Lately my pillow seems to be his preferred place to sleep at night, and he's not above telling me, that's my pillow! You get off!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Carleton has a thing for my bedroom closet, no other closet but this one. :dunno: Once he snuck in and I didn't know it, he must have been in there for close to an hour so you would think he'd learn but no, I guess he was content to stay there.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
arleton has a thing for my bedroom closet, no other closet but this one. :dunno: Once he snuck in and I didn't know it, he must have been in there for close to an hour so you would think he'd learn but no, I guess he was content to stay there.
Chula is following Carleton's example. Early this morning, I heard a strange scratching noise and there she was, cozy and warm in the bedroom closet but ready for breakfast!

Both Chula and Paul like to hide in the "cave" made where the bed covers hang off the edge of the bed.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My apartment is really small, so there isn't any unusual spots for my cats to go, but they both discovered the tops of my kitchen cabinets last night, so that was surprising to get up in the middle of the night and see two faces looking down on me.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My kitty Missy likes comfort. Something soft. Inside my pillowcase is her favorite place. Under a blanket is second. My Blue Smoke cat named Duster likes the drawer in the bathroom vanity. She can get into it from inside the cabinet so you never know when you open the drawer if her little head will pop out. She has given more than one guest a bit of a surprise!

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
good afternoon! :wave3:

earlier today i was working around the house, tidying and organizing, and happened to open the linen/clothing and pantry 'closet'. our little DeeDee flew down the stairs from the second floor and zoomed into the closet. :dancingblackcat: that closet is one of her very favorite places! i don't usually let her into it, as i don't want to accidentally close her in it or have her decide to have a party, burrowing under the clothing and linens that i have in there, neatly folded and stacked. :nono:

so for today's Question of the Day......

What is your cat(s)'s favorite unusual place in your home?

i'll start!

for our DeeDee, the linen/clothing and pantry closet is her favorite place. although, she also really loves laying on top of the dryer -- the dryer is stacked on the washing machine, they're a stackable pair. i keep a thick soft towel laid out on top of the dryer, specifically for DeeDee. :redheartpump:

with our Punky, she'll sometimes negotiate access to one of the big cardboard boxes that i have stored in the upstairs hallway, and snuggle in for a nap. :catlove: those boxes contain some as yet unused pieces of cat wall furniture. ;)

our Dude sticks to more common places that kitties enjoy. he loves looking out the windows, waiting to catch sight of various critters! lately though, he's been interested in the top of the dryer, and has jumped up there several times. :cutecat:

okay, now it's your turn!
Well, one loves sitting on the chest freezer that's near the entry door. If she hears us outside that door in the hallway, she screams like she's dying, so we rush over, fling the door open, and she peeps her "oh hai" meow. I think we've been had.
One of our guys loves sleeping on any clothes pile. Clean clothes preferred as dirty clothes are undignified. So many cat hairs on my clean clothes because I'm completely lazy and don't fold laundry in time.
At Christmas I was gifted one of those amazingly super soft micro-fiber fleece blankets. I declared this blanket would be different. Cats wouldn't allowed near it because having one hair-free blanket would be amazing.
That lasted 2 days, and this cat goes wherever the blanket goes. If I put it on the roof, she'd be there.

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Speedy has a small felt rug, about 5ft by 4ft. Often, she will go to be alone under the rug and just lie there for the longest time! I have put this rug off-limits for me to step on, I do not allow myself upon it, because the rug is dark blue (like in my avatar) and I don't want to chance hurting her! I like to pick up the corner sometimes and ask her if she's thinking about things. Then I put the corner back down.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One time Baxter was sleeping under his rug and his brother Roger came up and smacked the lump in the rug. Baxer jumped up and gave me a hurt look like he was wondering why I smacked him. Ever since them I always stayed away from any lumps in his rug. I really miss my cats. They were such sweathearts. hears.

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Camelot used to love to sleep in the oven - the last time I caught him napping on a pie in there.

And Morgana enjoyed going into the fireplace.

Which of course sounds awful on my part! :sweat: :doh: :lol: Can only imagine how the SPCA and rescues would react to that! Ovens and fireplaces. Yup, sounds totally dandy.

In context it makes sense of course, as they achieve a level of cozy warmness in there when the main heat tapers off.

But I have been absolutely diligent about making sure they don't go back in there and triple checking ahead of time prior to any preparation (Because mommy is paranoid)

Otherwise, everyone is in relatively normal places, aside from the top of my head at night and Meadow does like the bathroom in the winter on account of a nice heater in there, where she sits on top of a seat nearby and enjoys the travelling warmth.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The washing basket and the bin lid are both places the boys enjoy sitting on. Toffee also really likes sitting on the top of the radio and they often sit inside the DVD box when they're scared (usually only when newcomers arrive).
your Toffee and Fudge's favorites are the washing basket, on the bin lid, and Toffee especially likes sitting on top of the radio!!! :thumbsup: those are most excellent places!! :)

your boys sound like they're a little shy with newcomers! :agree: our DeeDee and Punky run around the house when people they don't know visit our home, taking quick looks at the newcomers.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lately (since I broke my right wrist) I've added a pillow to my bed so that I can keep the wrist and hand elevated at night (i.e. slightly above heart level) to try to reduce the swelling in the hand. However, you know cats: "If it fits, I sits," and I've been having to actively fight Jasmine for access to my arm pillow at night. :sigh: :cloudy:

I think I'll have to switch to a large teddy bear.

Margret
your Jasmine has decided the pillow you're using to keep your wrist elevated at night is an especially nice spot!!! :doh: switching to a large teddy bear might work! :crossfingers:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know if it's unusual, but Cricket is addicted to jeans, and even better if I've just taken them off. She'll first sniff them, roll around on them, and it's just heaven to be petted while she's on them. Once I've been able to extricate myself from the petting session, she'll stretch out and take a nap.

Swanie likes the clothes basket, or shoes are very popular as well. Lately my pillow seems to be his preferred place to sleep at night, and he's not above telling me, that's my pillow! You get off!
your Cricket's favorite is jeans, especially jeans that you've already worn!! :redheartpump: and Swanie's favorites are the clothes basket and shoes, as well as recently deciding to claim your pillow as his own! :clap: awesome!! :D

our Punky loves clothing that i've worn, and rolls around and nuzzles them -- just like your Cricket does! Punky also loves smelling inside my slippers......:cringe:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Carleton has a thing for my bedroom closet, no other closet but this one. :dunno: Once he snuck in and I didn't know it, he must have been in there for close to an hour so you would think he'd learn but no, I guess he was content to stay there.
your Carleton loves your bedroom closet!!! :thumbsup: that's a great place!! :agree:

that's interesting, that your boy seemed content to stay in the closet for a short while. i've wondered how our DeeDee would react if she got closed in the closet. :think: i think she'd likely be fine, even settled in and comfy, until it got to be meal time.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chula is following Carleton's example. Early this morning, I heard a strange scratching noise and there she was, cozy and warm in the bedroom closet but ready for breakfast!

Both Chula and Paul like to hide in the "cave" made where the bed covers hang off the edge of the bed.
ahhh, your Chula has decided she likes the bedroom closet too!!! :clap: she's a smart little girl, to discover a warm and cozy place!! :D

and both Chula and Paul enjoy the 'cave' made where the bed covers hang off the edge of the bed!! :cutecat: very nice!

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My apartment is really small, so there isn't any unusual spots for my cats to go, but they both discovered the tops of my kitchen cabinets last night, so that was surprising to get up in the middle of the night and see two faces looking down on me.
your cats discovered the tops of your kitchen cabinets!!! :thumbsup: oh my! that must be really high up, an impressive jump to get up there. well done, kitties!! :yess:

my three haven't gotten up to the tops of our kitchen cabinets. but then, i store paper products (paper towels, paper napkins, and etc) up there, so there's no room up there! that's my way of combating dust accumulation up there. ;)

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My kitty Missy likes comfort. Something soft. Inside my pillowcase is her favorite place. Under a blanket is second. My Blue Smoke cat named Duster likes the drawer in the bathroom vanity. She can get into it from inside the cabinet so you never know when you open the drawer if her little head will pop out. She has given more than one guest a bit of a surprise!
your Missy's favorite unusual places are inside your pillowcase and under a blanket, while your Duster's favorite is in the drawer of the bathroom vanity!!! :clap: most excellent!! :D

that must be so very cute, to see your girl snuggled in inside your pillowcase! :redheartpump: and that would surprise me too, to see your Duster's head pop out when the drawer of the vanity was opened! :agree: