Question of the Day, Sunday, April 2, 2017

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good morning! 

Lately, I’ve been watching more movies than tv shows. I have to be in the mood for watching a movie, for watching something more lengthy than a tv show.

For today’s Question of the Day......

What was the most recent movie you’ve seen? And, Where did you see it?

I’ll start!

The most recent movie I’ve seen was Lee Daniels’ The Butler, starring Forest Whitaker. Really a very good movie! I watched it at home, via Netflix.

How about you?

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Arrival. Last weekend, at home.

Really great sci-fi film with deeply intellectual themes.  NOT one of those OMG ALIENS SHOOT THEM UP kind of films at all.

Some of  the concepts it deals with went over my head as I was watching it but it was so engaging emotionally (and beautifully shot)  that it did not even matter.  We'll watch it again for sure,  

Last edited:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Um...lemme think here.  Not having a car, all of my movies are watched at home, via television or DVD...last one was...OH...Fifty Shades of Gray.  

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Beauty and the Beast in 3D last Monday at the movies. I loved it. :)

Last edited:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I watched most of Disney's Pocahontas with my kids last week.  Walmart had the DVD for a good price.  I liked it when it came out and it was one of the ones my kids haven't seen yet so I'm glad I got it; although I missed part because I fell asleep. 

SeventhHeaven

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You tube yesterday,  Kevin Costner  Upside of Anger

Btw 

Banner on side here Megaflix free subscriptions until April 4th but 1930's movies...

Last edited:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I watched Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence on YouTube last night.

I went to see a David Bowie exhibition on Friday so I've had Bowie on my mind all weekend. Part of the exhibition was a recording of an interview with Sakamoto Ryuichci and Kitano Takeshi about their memories of working on the movie. You see Takeshi on TV over here all the time, but I was surprised by how different Sakamoto looked.

Hadn't seen the movie since I was a teenager, so it was almost like seeing it for the first time.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
We watched a few movies on New Year's Eve at home. For the life of me, I can't remember the titles of the movies; that's how much they stuck with me.

Oh......The Secret Life of Pets was one of them.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Arrival. Last weekend, at home.

Really great sci-fi film with deeply intellectual themes.  NOT one of those OMG ALIENS SHOOT THEM UP kind of films at all.

Some of  the concepts it deals with went over my head as I was watching it but it was so engaging emotionally (and beautifully shot)  that it did not even matter.  We'll watch it again for sure,  
Wow! Arrival sounds like a really interesting movie -- i just read about it via wikipedia. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I watched most of Disney's Pocahontas with my kids last week.  Walmart had the DVD for a good price.  I liked it when it came out and it was one of the ones my kids haven't seen yet so I'm glad I got it; although I missed part because I fell asleep. 
ahhh, very nice!!! 
   the most recent animated movie i've seen was Disney's Finding Dory, i loved Finding Nemo and i thought Finding Dory was really good too.