Question of the Day, Sunday, 8th of March, 2020

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
GOOD MORNING AND HAPPY SUNDAY!!!

What are some of your favorite games? Internet, video, board games? Do you like jigsaw puzzles?
Crossword puzzles? Something different?

I love Words with Friends, which is an Internet game I've been playing for five years. I like Backgammon, Scrabble, Trivial Pursuit, and Crossword puzzles. I would like to learn Chess.

What are some of yours?

Last edited:

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really love board games...too many to list, scrabble, monopoly, snakes and ladders, chinese checkers, tiddly winks, backgammon...and many more...
I also love doing jigsaw puzzles and things like word search, crosswords, sudoku etc...
I love playing cards (with people and various solitaire games)
as for online games, I like candy crush type games, mahjong, solitaire, hidden object games, and visit gaming sites like pogo.com, that offer a variety of simple games...again, too many to list.
It all depends on my mood, if I have anyone to play with and how much I want to think! lol!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like board and card games, but I haven't played them in years. I liked video games as a kid, but they don't interest me much anymore.
I like darts, pool, foosball, ping pong, but I don't play those much anymore.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You could say I like games. :lol:

Mobile games: Pokémon Go, Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp, Words With Friends (which I'm terrible at)

Card games: Cribbage, Skip-Bo, canasta, Rummoli, Mille Bornes, Sushi Go!. I also have Tichu, which I haven't played it in a long time.

Online games: I have a Pogo account, but it doesn't want to run on my computer anymore.

Computer games: The Sims series

Board games: Carcassonne, Wingspan, 7 Wonders, Catan, Rummikub, Scrabble, Codenames, backgammon, Risk (when it doesn't run 7 hours), Blokus, Pente, Telestrations. I feel like I'm one of the few who like Trivial Pursuit. I have a ton of other games I'd like to try.

Sports: I've never been good at organized sports, but if given the opportunity, I'll play a fun game of almost anything that I can actually have fun doing. So basketball is out of the question. :lol:

I also like jigsaw puzzles. I've never been good at crossword puzzles or sudoku.

Video games: Oh boy. I have... a few game consoles, ranging from the Atari 2600 to the Playstation 4. So I don't have to type 600 paragraphs, here are my top three games from each system:

Atari 2600: Super Breakout, Midnight Magic, Seaquest
NES: Deja Vu, Tetris, Final Fantasy
Super Nintendo: Donkey Kong Country 3, Sim City, Super Mario All-Stars
GameBoy: Pokémon Red/Blue, Link's Awakening, A Boy and His Blob: The Rescue of Princess Blobette
PlayStation 1: Crash Bandicoot, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 and 4. I haven't played any of the PS1 Final Fantasy games yet. :eek2:
Nintendo 64: GoldenEye 007, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask. Honourable mention: Mario Kart 64
GameBoy Advance: Final Fantasy IV, Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire
Nintendo GameCube: Mario Kart: Double Dash, Super Smash Bros. Melee, any Mario Party game that I can play :lol:
PlayStation 2: Bully, Final Fantasy X, I also played a lot of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas when it was newer.
Nintendo Wii: No favourites yet. I didn't get one until just a few months ago.
PlayStation 3: Oblivion, Fallout: New Vegas, Rock Band 3
Nintendo DS: Pokémon Black/White. I have a big backlog of DS games I still haven't played.
Nintendo 3DS: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokémon Sun/Moon. I haven't played much of my other games beyond those two.
PlayStation 4: Skyrim, Fallout 4, Dragon Quest XI

Last edited:

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm hooked on a computer game called Gardenscapes. It's free to download, but it's definitely a pay-to-pay game. I play it on my tablet. For board games, I like Clue in particular. My grandson has a Harry Potter one, and it's a lot of fun. I used to like Dark Tower, but it was made for only one year, and now the batteries are corroded in mine. My older son took it off to Colorado; I don't know if he was able to fix it.

I get frustrated by jigsaw puzzles and crosswords.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm obsessed with crossword puzzles. I also love to play Jackbox TV with my family and a bunch of other board games. My sister and brother-in-law are HUGE board gamers. They have multiple rooms in their house full of board games.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Board games: War of the Rings and chess
Card game: Gloom and rummy. Except, I only know rummy the way my father taught me. He called it round-the-world gin rummy, but I have looked it up and it is not the game I know. I taught my children and husband, so we can play together; however, anyone else likely would think we were cheating.

Can anyone identify it? Each player is dealt seven cards. Aces can be high or low and always count as 15 points. Sequences go "round the world (or corner)" such as 2/Ace/King, Ace/2/3, and Queen/King/Ace/2. You can play cards off of other players. Rummy can be called by anyone at any time, except you cannot discard and then call rummy on your own discard. You cannot go out on a rummy. Each game is played to 500. No jokers are in play. There are no bonus cards or points. If you pick up from the discard pile, you have to be able to use the last card you pick up. (If the discard pile has a 2, K, A, 9, and you pick up all four, you have to play the 9.)

I suspect my father made it up.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
You could say I like games. :lol:

Mobile games: Pokémon Go, Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp, Words With Friends (which I'm terrible at)

Card games: Cribbage, Skip-Bo, canasta, Rummoli, Mille Bornes, Sushi Go!. I also have Tichu, which I haven't played it in a long time.

Online games: I have a Pogo account, but it doesn't want to run on my computer anymore.

Computer games: The Sims series

Board games: Carcassonne, Wingspan, 7 Wonders, Catan, Rummikub, Scrabble, Codenames, backgammon, Risk (when it doesn't run 7 hours), Blokus, Pente, Telestrations. I feel like I'm one of the few who like Trivial Pursuit. I have a ton of other games I'd like to try.

Sports: I've never been good at organized sports, but if given the opportunity, I'll play a fun game of almost anything that I can actually have fun doing. So basketball is out of the question. :lol:

I also like jigsaw puzzles. I've never been good at crossword puzzles or sudoku.

Video games: Oh boy. I have... a few game consoles, ranging from the Atari 2600 to the Playstation 4. So I don't have to type 600 paragraphs, here are my top three games from each system:

Atari 2600: Super Breakout, Midnight Magic, Seaquest
NES: Deja Vu, Tetris, Final Fantasy
Super Nintendo: Donkey Kong Country 3, Sim City, Super Mario All-Stars
GameBoy: Pokémon Red/Blue, Link's Awakening, A Boy and His Blob: The Rescue of Princess Blobette
PlayStation 1: Crash Bandicoot, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 and 4. I haven't played any of the PS1 Final Fantasy games yet. :eek2:
Nintendo 64: GoldenEye 007, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask. Honourable mention: Mario Kart 64
GameBoy Advance: Final Fantasy IV, Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire
Nintendo GameCube: Mario Kart: Double Dash, Super Smash Bros. Melee, any Mario Party game that I can play :lol:
PlayStation 2: Bully, Final Fantasy X, I also played a lot of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas when it was newer.
Nintendo Wii: No favourites yet. I didn't get one until just a few months ago.
PlayStation 3: Oblivion, Fallout: New Vegas, Rock Band 3
Nintendo DS: Pokémon Black/White. I have a big backlog of DS games I still haven't played.
Nintendo 3DS: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokémon Sun/Moon. I haven't played much of my other games beyond those two.
PlayStation 4: Skyrim, Fallout 4, Dragon Quest XI
Wowza!!!!