Question of The Day Sunday 7th of November.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
What is something that other people do for fun that you would never ever do?

I have a few, but top of my list has to be spelunking. That's when people go into caves and stumble around in the pitch dark, often in freezing cold water, hoping to find I don't know what. Why anyone thinks that is a good way to spend their free time is beyond me.

Next on my list is fishing. I guess it's because I'm a vegetarian and want the fish to stay in the water, but standing by a river or on a boat with a bucket of bait seems really boring.

Then there are card games. I don't get it. I'm sure there is a lot of skill or technique to playing some card games, but they don't seem like much fun.

What fun things do you never want to do?

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What is something that other people do for fun that you would never ever do?

Next on my list is fishing. I guess it's because I'm a vegetarian and want the fish to stay in the water, but standing by a river or on a boat with a bucket of bait seems really boring.
Exactly. Also hunting. How can people enjoy killing those sweet innocent animals?
Also anything involving heights, going to the opera or watch those god awful reality shows.

Last edited:

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would have to say shopping. I never understand why people think it is great to spend hours looking around and buying things. I have always been one to just go in and get what I need and get back out. I think online shopping is one of the greatest things to come out of the internet.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Drugs. Do I really need to explain that one?
Idk. I really like my caffeine :tongue: .

But yeah, any feeling of being not in control is very unpleasant for me, idk why anyone would choose any type of intoxication for fun.
How can people enjoy killing those sweet innocent animals?
Idk about sweet and innocent, lol. Deer will stomp and gore you into oblivion if given the chance. Most animals will. But yeah, I agree about hunting and fishing. Even people who like to hunt don't make it sound enjoyable. "So I was sitting in my duck blind at 4 in the morning, it was 20 degrees and I got water in my waders so I couldn't feel my feet. . ." It sounds miserable. And nobody's making them do it or paying them to do it! And I definitely don't understand how anyone could enjoy killing.

Nightclubs, bars, raves, etc. I don't like crowds. I'm willing to brave the crowd for a good reason (like going to an amusement park, etc.) but not if the crowd IS the attraction.

Small/enclosed spaces are a big nope, so no caving/spelunking for me. I have gone on tourist cave tours before but I'm not sure I'd do it again.

Heights, no, except for roller coasters (because they're fast so the tall part is over with quickly, haha). So no bungee jumping or skydiving for me either. Hot air balloons make me feel anxious just looking at them.

I don't enjoy "mudding", 4-wheeling, snowmobiling, etc. I think 4-wheelers and snowmobiles are fine for utilitarian use, but not for hotdogging like that.

I don't like clothes or shoe shopping. I do enjoy shopping like going to Costco or Ikea, pet stores, and book stores, but not clothes and shoes, ugh.

minish

minish first..
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hunting. I even asked hunters I had met over the years what they enjoy. They say being in nature, patience, calm, exploring, overcoming challenges, bro conversations, exerting themselves over a goal, sharing experience and rewards... But you can have any number of these without killing an animal?!?

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been watching a lot of YouTube videos from this one creator who tells true stories of weird or scary events and a surprising number of them involve people dying while cave diving, so that is definitely one thing I will never do. It helps that I'm terrified of water too.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
a surprising number of them involve people dying while cave diving, so that is definitely one thing I will never do.
Eek yes. That's 2 things for me---enclosed spaces and possible drowning. I'd be ok with SCUBA diving in a shallow open area, like a coral reef, but a big nope on going into a cave or diving deep.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
"Wild" parties/clubs, drinking alcohol, illicit drugs/improper use of prescriptions, anything daredevil-ish or thrill-seeking, sports, hunting, fishing, camping, long vacations (more than two nights is too long for me), going to the beach, smoking, haunted houses, shopping, being in large groups, stand up comedy shows, and sitting on the front porch all come to mind. (I do sit on the front porch with Hobbit because he likes to watch the cars, but I would never just sit out there on my own.) I am certain there are plenty more.

I love my boring life!

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I am with V vince and definitely don't have DRD4 or whatever that gene is. No siree! Living on the edge for me means that I only have a quarter tank of gas in my car. I love to walk and can go for miles, but aside from that I am the opposite of that LLBean slogan "Be An Outsider". My slogan is "Stay Inside with your Cats." DH even said once over the last year that he realized that the COVID lockdown did not change my life much at all.