Question Of The Day, Sunday, 3/10/19

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
good morning! :hellocomputer:

Are you a light sleeper, a deep sleeper, or somewhere in between the two?

i'll start!

i'm a pretty light sleeper. i will drift into deeper sleep here and there, but most times it's light sleeper for me.

How about you?

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It varies. Sometimes, I think the world could end and I wouldn't hear it, but other times, if Michele changed her mind, I could hear the gears grinding, and wake up.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Probably somewhere in between. I slept through Hurricane Sandy as it roared outside (to be fair, our house is made of terracotta block and is pretty soundproof) but, if I hear a cat barfing I'm up like a shot. I guess I'm more aware of and bothered by sounds inside the house, than outside.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am a light sleeper now. I didn't used to be, I could sleep through almost anything. After I had kids I did go into the selective thing, I could sleep through anything except a sound that one of the kids made.

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My husband says we could have a bomb dropped beside our house and I wouldn't wake BUT if the cats or dogs make a sound that doesn't sound quite right, I am up in a flash. I was the same with my kids so I think it is a mother thing - we develop 'mothers hearing'.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
My husband says we could have a bomb dropped beside our house and I wouldn't wake BUT if the cats or dogs make a sound that doesn't sound quite right, I am up in a flash. I was the same with my kids so I think it is a mother thing - we develop 'mothers hearing'.
Same here. I sleep well, but I wake right up at any sound that's out of place.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to be a heavy sleeper until I had a child. Now I wake up if someone walks across the house 2 rooms away. I don't even roll over in my sleep without waking up first to make sure the path is clear to roll over.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Without my sleep medication, I am a very light sleeper and would typically get 3-4 hours of interrupted sleep a night. With my medication, I am a (somewhat) heavy sleeper.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't sleep well at all.I am awake several times during the night. Sometimes I go right back to sleep but most times I'm awake for at least an hour.It frustrates me,but I'm not a nap taker and don't like the idea of medication,either.I think when I am asleep,it's sound,but the rest...ffffft!

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm overall a deep sleeper. Sometimes I can have nights where I don't sleep well, and whilst it does take me a while to get off to sleep, when I do I'm out like a light and it's hard to wake me up.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I'm probably somewhere in between unless I fall asleep watching tv. At a certain time of night I doze off no matter what's going on around me. :sleep:

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm a heavy but restless sleeper. My doctor told me I might have restless leg syndrome and I'm starting to believe it now. Before I started having problems with that I wouldn't wake up to nearly any noise and I still don't now, but it's my movements that wake me up.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't sleep as well as I used to. I changed my habits to keep up with a husband who likes late nights and early mornings. But I always required a lot of sleep. Now I think I am probably sleep deprived.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Light sleeper. An elk can fart in the woods 20 miles away and I'll hear it.
Heavy napper. A full out cat fight involving all 9 could land on my face and I wouldn't budge.
:dunno:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rick says that I can be sound asleep, but can hear a cat puking up a hairball on Pluto. Whatever that means.
it sounds like you're a light sleeper!!! :thumbsup: excellent!! :)

i've noticed that any sound that might be cat-related, will wake me up immediately. i think it's a 'learned' thing.

with my Mickey :rbheart: and Snick :rbheart:, as they developed medical issues, it was important to be aware of any and all symptoms as they came up...immediately.

with our girls, DeeDee and Punky, they were young when they joined our furmily and would get into things and chew on many things. so i'm now hyper aware, even when sleeping, of chewing sounds. though, not much naughtly chewing going on here these days, as every exposed cord/cable in the house is covered in wire loom. :yess: